Wikiposts

Will a job offer speed up processing?

Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey1of5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will a job offer speed up processing?

Hi, if anyone doesn't mind, could someone please give me some advise, i applied for 175 visa in sept 08 and have just had confirmation that i have job offer at a public hospital and was hoping to be there about September. Is thereanyting i could possibly do to speed things up, or am i just being silly for hoping there would be anything.
Cheers guys
heres hoping for visas soon
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Current Processing Times (continued)

Originally Posted by Tracey1of5
Hi, if anyone doesn't mind, could someone please give me some advise, i applied for 175 visa in sept 08 and have just had confirmation that i have job offer at a public hospital and was hoping to be there about September. Is thereanyting i could possibly do to speed things up, or am i just being silly for hoping there would be anything.
Cheers guys
Have alook at FAQ 10 of the attached file........ You can change your 175 for ENS if your employer is willing to sponsor......

Horse
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FAQ fo SM.pdf (59.1 KB, 197 views)
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers guys
like Horse said, You should try either 457 (Fast, but temprary visa) or 121 visa if your employer is willing to sponsor you.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Horse and Mavios for the advice. They emailed saying they would send me a contract which may help if i'm having delays with my visa. Thats a laugh isn't it ... delays ... ha. I wasn't sure if i could contact them and advise that i have job offer.

Cheers
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Romantic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Have alook at FAQ 10 of the attached file........ You can change your 175 for ENS if your employer is willing to sponsor......

Horse
Does anybody here attempt to do in this way this before!! So, if i have a potential employer and i applied after the 1 september i will have to fill only one form. Is this correct!!!. I would be grateful to listen to your opinion
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Romantic
Does anybody here attempt to do in this way this before!! So, if i have a potential employer and i applied after the 1 september i will have to fill only one form. Is this correct!!!. I would be grateful to listen to your opinion

You would need to confirm how to actually do this from DIAC........ but I am 100% sure your potential employer would have to complete the necessary forms and supply the required paperwork.

A job offer on its own would not be enough............... the company would have to actually sponsor you.

But its says that you just have to complete another application form which would be virtually the same as the first time only you would add employer details, You probably could use your medicals/X-rays and I am sure you can use PCCs.

Chris Evans way of thinking is that ENS is no.1 priority because you would have an offer of work for two years...... If you landed in Australia on a 175 it could probably take 2 years to get a job.

So this alternative makes perfect sense, and apparently priority at no extra cost

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Feb 10th 2009 at 7:40 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Romantic is an unknown quantity at this point

You would need to confirm how to actually do this from DIAC........ but I am 100% sure your potential employer would have to complete the necessary forms and supply the required paperwork.

A job offer on its own would not be enough............... the company would have to actually sponsor you.

But its says that you just have to complete another application form which would be virtually the same as the first time only you would employer details, You probably could use your medicals/X-rays and I am sure you can use PCCs.

Chris Evans way of thinking is that ENS is no.1 priority because you would have an offer of work for two years...... If you landed in Australia on a 175 it could probably take 2 years to get a job.

So this alternative makes perfect sense.
Should i provide the necesary docs which i provided earlier when i applied for GSM
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Romantic
Should i provide the necesary docs which i provided earlier when i applied for GSM
I would say yes....... but best you email DIAC and explain the details they will advise you what to do otherwise talk to an agent.

The trick with this is getting a sponsor in the first place.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

helsch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will a job offer speed up processing?

Check out this thread. The ENS is mentioned by JAJ and there was talks of only one form to fill out. We didn't investigate further as we have a CO.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587657
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

I spoke to DIAC today about converting a 175 to ENS 856...... When I phoned the ASPC the lady said that I would have to make a new application and pay another $2105 plus the Employers has to pay something as well.

I then mentioned that in the 2008-09 Migration Program Changes Frequently Asked Questions (attached) it states in FAQ 10 that a 175 can be converted to ENS 856 with out paying a new application charge and she would have to check that out since I was advised by Chris Evans office that this is possible, She then put me on hold to confirm this with her superiors (and have a nice slice of humble pie) she said YES it can be done.

You have to fill out a new application form (hard copy only) for 856 and supply all the same paperwork and also the paperwork from your Employer.

To link it to the already submitted application and the charge already paid she suggests I write a cover letter and lodge it into Sydney office by person along with Medicals/X-Rays PCC etc which were intended for the 175.

Providing all paperwork is in order a timeline of 2-4 weeks.

Note this cannot be done online it has to be lodged hard copy only.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FAQ fo SM.pdf (59.1 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Feb 12th 2009 at 1:19 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

I spoke to DIAC today about converting a 175 to ENS 856...... When I phoned the ASPC the lady said that I would have to make a new application and pay another $2105 plus the Employers has to pay something as well.

I then mentioned that in the 2008-09 Migration Program Changes Frequently Asked Questions (attached) it states in FAQ 10 that a 175 can be converted to ENS 856 with out paying a new application charge and she would have to check that out since I was advised by Chris Evans office that this is possible, She then put me on hold to confirm this with her superiors (and have a nice slice of humble pie) she said YES it can be done.
Its fortunate you did your homework beforehand! I wonder how many people have been lead to the deep end by the Immigration hotline!!!!! Outrageous!!!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by looky
Its fortunate you did your homework beforehand! I wonder how many people have been lead to the deep end by the Immigration hotline!!!!! Outrageous!!!!!!
Yeah well if everyone on this forum who is complaining about processing speed etc had the opportunity to speed up their application by paying an extra $2000 how many do you think would actually do it?

What I did was wrote a letter to Senator Evans and complained about the whole farce of this priority processing Bullshit. Since I have been in Australia for 4 years and been on a 457 visa for the last 3, I had applied for a 175 before his announcement on 17th December 2008 and I demanded why I was not been considered for priority?

I supplied group certs/ Tax Return documents for the last 4 years stating that I had paid nearly $90,000 in tax. plus I had returned approx $300,000 to the Australian economy. Plus I included a letter from my employer stating that I was valued member of staff.

I asked why would someone who has never even been to Australia be prioritized over someone who has contributed the above to Australia...??

I received a letter from one of his assistant's basically saying that there is a demand for certain skills and due to the uncertain of the future that they prefer that those positions are filled first.

This is driven by two main factors

Main priority
If an employer cannot fill a position from the local market they can obtain a skilled migrant from somewhere else to fill their requirements

Secondary Priority
Australia requires certain skills that are in demand and our aim is to fill those positions with people who are suitable and will have a positive contribution to the workforce.

It is unfortunate that the GSM visa that I applied for does not fall in any of the above categories.

He then give me 3 basic options

1 Apply for ENS Sponsored visa (at no extra cost to myself)
2 Extend my current 457 visa until the 175 is processed.
3. Apply for a Defacto partner visa/ Intention to marry visa since I have been living with my Aussie GF for 2 years.

I must add that the assistant did seem to be sympathetic and understanding of my situation (maybe they did not think it fully through before hand) but that the process could not differ for individuals

I would have preferred to get the visa that I originally applied and paid for but what can you do.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Feb 12th 2009 at 9:36 pm. Reason: added more info
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah well if everyone on this forum who is complaining about processing speed etc had the opportunity to speed up their application by paying an extra $2000 how many do you think would actually do it?

What I did was wrote a letter to Senator Evans and complained about the whole farce of this priority processing Bullshit. Since I have been in Australia for 4 years and been on a 457 visa for the last 3, I had applied for a 175 before his announcement on 17th December 2008 and I demanded why I was not been considered for priority?

I supplied group certs/ Tax Return documents for the last 4 years stating that I had paid nearly $90,000 in tax. plus I had returned approx $300,000 to the Australian economy. Plus I included a letter from my employer stating that I was valued member of staff.

I asked why would someone who has never even been to Australia be prioritized over someone who has contributed the above to Australia...??

I received a letter from one of his assistant's basically saying that there is a demand for certain skills and due to the uncertain of the future that they prefer that those positions are filled first.

Main priority
If an employer cannot fill a position from the local market they can obtain a skilled migrant from somewhere else to fill their requirements

Secondary Priority
Australia requires certain skills that are in demand and our aim is to fill those positions with people who are suitable and will have a positive contribution to the workforce.

It is unfortunate that the GSM visa that I applied for does not fall in any of the above categories.

1 Apply for ENS Sponsored visa
3. Apply for a Defacto partner visa/ Intention to marry visa since I have been living with my Aussie GF for 2 years.

I would have preferred to get the visa that I originally applied and paid for but what can you do.
O my god you must be really mad at them. It just goes to show how unfair the whole system is doesn't it. Theres all us moaning about how long its taking, but your situation should have been a priority.

Trace
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Main priority

Secondary Priority

1 Apply for ENS Sponsored visa

I agree it makes absolutely no sense at all putting us who have proofed our worth and contributed to the society behind offshore applicants.

I would really suggest you going for the ENS if possible at least as a quicker way to secure your position and life here until the 175 comes through (should you decide to go for the 175 when you get contacted by a CO). You will be given a bridging visa anyway after the 856 application incase your 457 runs out before they make a decision.

If you can try NOT to go for the spouse visa unless you can get the perm spouse visa instead of the 2 year provisional spouse visa. Never ever rely your life and future in an individual's hands no matter how close you think you are with your partner, I learnt from my mistake and am passing that on to you. Never rely on your partner for your visa.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

O my god you must be really mad at them. It just goes to show how unfair the whole system is doesn't it. Theres all us moaning about how long its taking, but your situation should have been a priority.

Trace
I am in the same situation as man_called_horse. I applied my 175 in August last year but now it is dumped to the very bottom but I just got my 857 granted which I applied as a backup which came in handy after the GSM csl/modl priority mess started. The 175 is still in process but likely processing time will be 2 years from what I estimate...I would have fulfilled my 857's 2 year obligation by then not to mention the IELTS, medicals and pcc will all be expired for the 175.

Last edited by looky; Feb 12th 2009 at 9:34 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.