Wikiposts

Wil it really take another 6-8 weeks?!

Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:15 pm
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wil it really take another 6-8 weeks?!

We applied in January, and application was acknowledged 18th January. We have sent off medicals and police checks already - they got there on about 13th July. However, we have only just been able to send off our marriage certificate as we have only just got married. Our agent e-mailed me today and said they sent the marriage certificate off, and the change of circumstances form (and a copy of my new passport), but then said it will probably take another 6-8 weeks before we know

Has anyone else got any ideas about how long it may take?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wil it really take another 6-8 weeks?!

Originally Posted by Glenat
We applied in January, and application was acknowledged 18th January. We have sent off medicals and police checks already - they got there on about 13th July. However, we have only just been able to send off our marriage certificate as we have only just got married. Our agent e-mailed me today and said they sent the marriage certificate off, and the change of circumstances form (and a copy of my new passport), but then said it will probably take another 6-8 weeks before we know

All visas have differeing timelines. Which type of visa are you applying for?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Sorry Glenat I can't give you an answer but I'm in a similar position.

Meds were received at LCU on 10th July and I'm still waiting under 137 STNI category....

AL
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:19 pm
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
All visas have differeing timelines. Which type of visa are you applying for?
Oh yeah, that might help

It's a 136 skilled independent visa and occupation is on the MODL (electrician).
We have a case officer but we are literally waiting for the visa now.
How can it take another 6-8 weeks for them to look at a few pieces of paper?!

Good luck to you too Aldebaran. This waiting is really driving me mad.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Oh yeah, that might help

It's a 136 skilled independent visa and occupation is on the MODL (electrician).

Good luck to you too Aldebaran. This waiting is really driving me mad.
What Region is your CO Glenat? Mine is Region 1

Just wondering if this does make a difference.

AL
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wil it really take another 6-8 weeks?!

I don't reckon it wil take that long. Your agent just wants u off their back.

I guess thats what we pay them for!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:04 pm
Juicer Member

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
What Region is your CO Glenat? Mine is Region 1

Just wondering if this does make a difference.

AL
I think we are region 3, which is the european region. Reading through previous posts region 1 seems to be quite slow (I think its China), but I think they may all be slow at the moment as they are changing to 6 regions instead of 5, so I've heard. Maybe ours will get through quick if we are simple cases lol
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:24 pm
Beccy Murphy

Aldebaran Wrote:
    > What Region is your CO Glenat? Mine is Region 1
    >
    > Just wondering if this does make a difference.
    >
    > AL
    >
    > --

Sorry - new to all this! What is a 'region'? With agent- applied for
STNI 137 (teacher) - meds and pcs not asked for yet. Guess it will be a
long wait! Agent doesn't give a lot away.

--

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

I think we are region 3, which is the european region. Reading through previous posts region 1 seems to be quite slow (I think its China), but I think they may all be slow at the moment as they are changing to 6 regions instead of 5, so I've heard. Maybe ours will get through quick if we are simple cases lol
I am a simple case (I mean I think my case is a simple case!)

The CO should have the med results and I'm not sure they need to do anything else but look at the information on the police checks

I would have thought the CO would want to get my simple case out of the way and give me my visa !!

AL
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:04 am
Juicer Member

Originally Posted by Beccy Murphy
Aldebaran Wrote:
    > What Region is your CO Glenat? Mine is Region 1
    >
    > Just wondering if this does make a difference.
    >
    > AL
    >
    > --

Sorry - new to all this! What is a 'region'? With agent- applied for
STNI 137 (teacher) - meds and pcs not asked for yet. Guess it will be a
long wait! Agent doesn't give a lot away.

--

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net
When your application is being looked at by a case officer they belong to one of five regions, but it will probably change to 6 soon.
At the moment;
Region 1 is China
Region 2 is India
Region 3 is Europe and South Asia (except India)
Region 4 is Pretoria and Bangkok
Region 5 is Jakarta, Beirut and Washington (as far as I can read my own writing!!)
But us Brits can end up in any region. There has been quite a lot of debating on here about which regions are quicker than others. I don't think there's much in it to be honest - maybe a couple of weeks at the most.

Let's hope we hear something soon
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:08 am
Perth......at last!

sponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of light

Glenat, congratulations on getting married! Hope you have a long and happy life in Oz together!. I can't believe the time has passed so quickly since we last communicated. How was the wedding? What date did you get married?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:36 am
Juicer Member

Originally Posted by sponge
Glenat, congratulations on getting married! Hope you have a long and happy life in Oz together!. I can't believe the time has passed so quickly since we last communicated. How was the wedding? What date did you get married?
Hi Sponge!

We got married on the 15th July. Was a brilliant day, and the weather was great!

Have PMd you
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:10 am
Perth......at last!

sponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sponge!

We got married on the 15th July. Was a brilliant day, and the weather was great!

Have PMd you
Thanks Glenat, fab pics have PM'd you back
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:07 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We were in a similar situation last year: 136 MODL and meds and PCCs got to them in mid-July. We got our visa 23 September.

Gina
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:20 am
Juicer Member

Originally Posted by GinaUK
We were in a similar situation last year: 136 MODL and meds and PCCs got to them in mid-July. We got our visa 23 September.

Gina
Thanks Gina, it's good to see someone else's timescales. It looks as though we'll have to wait till October to get there now then. I was hoping we would be there in September but I think that's very unlikely now.