Wikiposts

why is it taking so long?

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:45 am
Just Joined

tankmechaninc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default why is it taking so long?

My friend sent his medicals requested by Co on 25 Nov. He is a translator on BN-136 and from Iran and still haven't recieved even one notice from DIAC. It's been more than 6 months now. How much more does he have to wait?Can anyone tell us why is this so? I am from Iran too and I am afraid to lodge my application and never get a reply. please help. thanks.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why is it taking so long?

Has he tried asking DIAC what the present position is? You may find that, like Professional Princess until very recently, the delay is being caused by internal checks from your home country.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:26 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Has he tried asking DIAC what the present position is? You may find that, like Professional Princess until very recently, the delay is being caused by internal checks from your home country.
For sure

The delay was due to Mr PP's country of origin.

Our current delay of the year is now down to Scotland Yard

Dear oh dear, I shall start rocking and dribbling soon - anyone care to join me?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Whay have you had to wait so long princess. Hope you dont me asking its just i dont think i could survive waiting a year!!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:54 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
Whay have you had to wait so long princess. Hope you dont me asking its just i dont think i could survive waiting a year!!!!
Husband is from N. Africa and his country took a leisurely time in processing security checks requested from Australia.

And it appears, the UK police force may take even longer. Today I spoke to the Met about our UK police checks.

Keep in mind that they lost 2 (or was it 3?) of our first checks and sent them to the wrong address.

Well today I get a call from the nice lady who works there and she asked if I was absolutely sure if I had requested them.

Telling her I did indeed remember going to the cop shop with Hubby and gave her the date and details, she said there is no record of me ever applying - cheque has been cashed by the way.

She said if I haven't heard by 13 July then I need to reapply and that will take another 40 days.

I cannot stand incompetence to be honest - last year I accept the fact they lost our checks as an accident.

But to lose them again and then ask me if I was sure I applied????????

Not happy.

Rant over, I shall go back to my green tea.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

So sorry to hear its taken so long, i can feel it in my wtaer it wont be long for you know.
good luck
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Telling her I did indeed remember going to the cop shop with Hubby and gave her the date and details, she said there is no record of me ever applying - cheque has been cashed by the way.

She said if I haven't heard by 13 July then I need to reapply and that will take another 40 days.
They are in breach of the law if they do not respond within 40 working days and they cannot just ask you to apply again. You should contact your Member of Parliament to ask for assistance in making an official complaint.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Complain direct to the Commissioner, New Scotland Yard. No reason why you need to start all over again. If they've admitted they can't find it they should be fast-tracking the new one.
Would I do that in writing Polly or is it worth phoning them?

What puts me off complaining is the amount of time the process can take. Its awful knowing that its due them that we are being held up. Very sensitive info to lose so many times
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Would I do that in writing Polly or is it worth phoning them?

What puts me off complaining is the amount of time the process can take. Its awful knowing that its due them that we are being held up. Very sensitive info to lose so many times
I still hadnt recieved mine by day 39 so i called them and asked what was happening.

They said

are you sure you haven't got it? (why would I be ringing!)

do you often get post not delivered? (nope)

do you live in flats? (nope)

Is it possible that someone could have stolen it (unlikely, but your the experts)

Anyway, i asked what were the consequences of them acting contrary to the Data Protection Act if haven't recieved by tomorrow. She said she would see what she could do, muttered something about a duplicate and, hey presto, it arrived the very next day.

Ps I rang my local police force not Scotland yard. It was the number on the letterhead advising me that they (local police) had recieved my application and were forwarding to Scotland Yard

Last edited by adiestubbs; Jul 3rd 2007 at 8:47 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
I still hadnt recieved mine by day 39 so i called them and asked what was happening.

They said

are you sure you haven't got it? (why would I be ringing!)

do you often get post not delivered? (nope)

do you live in flats? (nope)

Is it possible that someone could have stolen it (unlikely, but your the experts)

Anyway, i asked what were the consequences of them acting contrary to the Data Protection Act if haven't recieved by tomorrow. She said she would see what she could do, muttered something about a duplicate and, hey presto, it arrived the very next day.

Ps I rang my local police force not Scotland yard. It was the number on the letterhead advising me that they (local police) had recieved my application and were forwarding to Scotland Yard
Its unbelievable isnt it?

You can accept the fact that they may lose one - but to lose several!!!

I said to her that if I never put the application in then could she please tell me who cashed my cheque?

Im not going to wait another 40 days, no way.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Its unbelievable isnt it?

You can accept the fact that they may lose one - but to lose several!!!

I said to her that if I never put the application in then could she please tell me who cashed my cheque?

Im not going to wait another 40 days, no way.

I would follow what JAJ said and get assistance. For free of course. Member of Parliament maybe or seek advice from the Citizens Advise People. Ive never used them for anything, but I know people who have (for lots of different reasons) and they come very well recommended (and id bet my bottom dollar they have helped with this kind of situation before)

Last edited by adiestubbs; Jul 3rd 2007 at 9:40 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:43 pm

Cheers JAJ

I shall give them the full and legal timeframe for processing and then take it further.

I wonder how many people this happens to?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:05 am

Well I spoke to them again this arvo and quoted the DPA and the 40 day time limit.

Suddenly the story changed and they have said it isn't mislaid at all and I should get it by next Wednesday and if I don't I can fax the form and receipt and they will process it that day.

So what happens next will be interesting...
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you want to complain about the service - even though they've now fund the forms - do it in writing to the Commissioner, as then he will have to take notice of it. Same for anyone else who has a problem with the UK polcei checks; the service is seriously understaffed, and its only by bringing ti to the attention of those higher up that anything is likely to be done.
I shall only believe that they have found them when I receive them. But for sure it is worth putting something in writing to try and change things.

Although I am hoping a nice little jaunt to NSY is in the offing - I did so enjoy it last time.

Handcuffs, large sticks and everything.