Why do they need SO MUCH information?

Old Nov 8th 2017, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
@Dorothy, yes I get that, but are the details of some bloke i shagged 25 years ago at university really relevant to my Visa Application? Like, REALLY?!?
You are not listening. They only want to know about de facto relationships or marriages.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

How can I upload a photograph? Does anybody know? Thanks.
From the FAQ - British Expats - FAQ: Reading and Posting Messages

HTH.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Here you are... doesn't specify 'married' or 'defacto'.
Attached Thumbnails Why do they need SO MUCH information?-img_6773.jpg  
Old Nov 11th 2017, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

... and guys, is it really necessary to be so rude? I am in an extremely stressful situation and am totally alone in this country with 2 kids and no support. I have come on here for some advice. Cut the snipey comments, eh?
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Here you are... doesn't specify 'married' or 'defacto'.
What form is the photo from - I also looked at 40SP and 47SP and cannot see anything resembling your photo
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
What form is the photo from - I also looked at 40SP and 47SP and cannot see anything resembling your photo
It's from the Spouse Visa form. I think I confused everybody because I was filling in the Sponsor Form when I started this thread.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

It's from the Spouse Visa form. I think I confused everybody because I was filling in the Sponsor Form when I started this thread.
But I though that was form 47SP which does not look like your photo. I haven't been through the partner visa process so only going with what I read online. Is this photo after you have logged into your account?
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
But I though that was form 47SP which does not look like your photo. I haven't been through the partner visa process so only going with what I read online. Is this photo after you have logged into your account?
I applied online then printed the form. The screenshot is from the printed version.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DML
Wait til you get to citizenship - we've filled in the forms for our 457, two years later more of the same for the PR and now more of the same for citizenship. Most if not all of it should be on file. Obviously keeps lots of paper pushers (or mouse clickers) in a job
Sod that, I don't think I'll bother with Citizenship.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

... and guys, is it really necessary to be so rude? I am in an extremely stressful situation and am totally alone in this country with 2 kids and no support. I have come on here for some advice. Cut the snipey comments, eh?
They want relationships. Not one night stands. Not ships that pass in the night, but relationships. That's what it asks for
I shagged blokes at university donkeys years ago but there is no way I would refer to any of them as 'relationships'. A relationship is something more meaningful that lasts longer than a quick shag
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They want relationships. Not one night stands. Not ships that pass in the night, but relationships. That's what it asks for
I shagged blokes at university donkeys years ago but there is no way I would refer to any of them as 'relationships'. A relationship is something more meaningful that lasts longer than a quick shag
Sure, I get that. I was obviously being facetious in my example. Nonetheless, it does seem unnecessarily intrusive.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:57 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, I get that. I was obviously being facetious in my example. Nonetheless, it does seem unnecessarily intrusive.
They need to know what relationships you have been in before for severa reasons. For instance - If you are applying on the grounds of marriage, are you married to the sponsor? Are you divorced from anyone you were previously married to? Has any previous de facto relationship ended? Were you in any previous marriage/relationship with an Aussie who sponsored you for a visa? Do you have a history of relationships that only last 6 months before moving on to the next person?

Its all part of establishing whether you are in a genuine relationship - of course its intrusive, they are trying to establish how genuine your marriage/relationship is, and if they decide to interview you they can get far more intrusive than that, believe me!

If you don't want to answer intrusive questions about your relationship, don't apply for a spouse visa.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

If you don't want to answer intrusive questions about your relationship, don't apply for a spouse visa.
Well that's me told.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:14 am
Home and Happy

Well that's me told.
Its true. Believe me I have been through it myself, and I know just how intrusive they can get. Just a warning in case it happens to you ( I doubt it will, with kids of the marriage etc, but you never know).
Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Its true. Believe me I have been through it myself, and I know just how intrusive they can get. Just a warning in case it happens to you ( I doubt it will, with kids of the marriage etc, but you never know).
Thanks Pollyanna. I am finding it all incredibly hard. It's not just the Spouse Visa, it's my son's Citizenship as well. His school are getting quite heavy with us, but there's nothing we can do. The Citizenship people have requested that an Australian national with a professional job signs the back of his passport photos, but we don't know any! They have to have known him for a while.

We asked his school teacher from Dubai to sign them, and sent those in, but they won't accept them. Now the Citizenship department are ignoring our emails. If we don't get it sorted soon, we're gonna get a massive bill from the school for fees which we are not in a position to pay.

With me not working (another nasty surprise, not getting a bridging visa that allows me to work), we're gonna have to consider going home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.