British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Why do they need SO MUCH information? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/why-do-they-need-so-much-information-905582/)

carcajou Nov 8th 2017 1:11 pm

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12377489)
@Dorothy, yes I get that, but are the details of some bloke i shagged 25 years ago at university really relevant to my Visa Application? Like, REALLY?!?

You are not listening. They only want to know about de facto relationships or marriages.

christmasoompa Nov 10th 2017 10:08 pm

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12377500)
How can I upload a photograph? Does anybody know? Thanks.

From the FAQ - British Expats - FAQ: Reading and Posting Messages

HTH.

LaLaLayla Nov 11th 2017 8:51 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here you are... doesn't specify 'married' or 'defacto'.

LaLaLayla Nov 11th 2017 8:58 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 
... and guys, is it really necessary to be so rude? I am in an extremely stressful situation and am totally alone in this country with 2 kids and no support. I have come on here for some advice. Cut the snipey comments, eh?

old.sparkles Nov 11th 2017 9:04 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12379690)
Here you are... doesn't specify 'married' or 'defacto'.

What form is the photo from - I also looked at 40SP and 47SP and cannot see anything resembling your photo

LaLaLayla Nov 11th 2017 9:06 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12379694)
What form is the photo from - I also looked at 40SP and 47SP and cannot see anything resembling your photo

It's from the Spouse Visa form. I think I confused everybody because I was filling in the Sponsor Form when I started this thread.

old.sparkles Nov 11th 2017 9:12 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12379695)
It's from the Spouse Visa form. I think I confused everybody because I was filling in the Sponsor Form when I started this thread.

But I though that was form 47SP which does not look like your photo. I haven't been through the partner visa process so only going with what I read online. Is this photo after you have logged into your account?

LaLaLayla Nov 11th 2017 9:17 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12379699)
But I though that was form 47SP which does not look like your photo. I haven't been through the partner visa process so only going with what I read online. Is this photo after you have logged into your account?

I applied online then printed the form. The screenshot is from the printed version.

LaLaLayla Nov 11th 2017 9:43 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by DML (Post 12377545)
Wait til you get to citizenship - we've filled in the forms for our 457, two years later more of the same for the PR and now more of the same for citizenship. Most if not all of it should be on file. Obviously keeps lots of paper pushers (or mouse clickers) in a job

Sod that, I don't think I'll bother with Citizenship.

Pollyana Nov 11th 2017 9:44 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12379692)
... and guys, is it really necessary to be so rude? I am in an extremely stressful situation and am totally alone in this country with 2 kids and no support. I have come on here for some advice. Cut the snipey comments, eh?

They want relationships. Not one night stands. Not ships that pass in the night, but relationships. That's what it asks for
I shagged blokes at university donkeys years ago :o but there is no way I would refer to any of them as 'relationships'. A relationship is something more meaningful that lasts longer than a quick shag :)

LaLaLayla Nov 11th 2017 9:51 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12379710)
They want relationships. Not one night stands. Not ships that pass in the night, but relationships. That's what it asks for
I shagged blokes at university donkeys years ago :o but there is no way I would refer to any of them as 'relationships'. A relationship is something more meaningful that lasts longer than a quick shag :)

Sure, I get that. I was obviously being facetious in my example. Nonetheless, it does seem unnecessarily intrusive.

Pollyana Nov 11th 2017 9:57 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12379713)
Sure, I get that. I was obviously being facetious in my example. Nonetheless, it does seem unnecessarily intrusive.

They need to know what relationships you have been in before for severa reasons. For instance - If you are applying on the grounds of marriage, are you married to the sponsor? Are you divorced from anyone you were previously married to? Has any previous de facto relationship ended? Were you in any previous marriage/relationship with an Aussie who sponsored you for a visa? Do you have a history of relationships that only last 6 months before moving on to the next person?

Its all part of establishing whether you are in a genuine relationship - of course its intrusive, they are trying to establish how genuine your marriage/relationship is, and if they decide to interview you they can get far more intrusive than that, believe me!

If you don't want to answer intrusive questions about your relationship, don't apply for a spouse visa.

LaLaLayla Nov 11th 2017 10:11 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12379716)
If you don't want to answer intrusive questions about your relationship, don't apply for a spouse visa.

Well that's me told.

Pollyana Nov 11th 2017 10:14 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12379720)
Well that's me told.

Its true. Believe me I have been through it myself, and I know just how intrusive they can get. Just a warning in case it happens to you ( I doubt it will, with kids of the marriage etc, but you never know).

LaLaLayla Nov 11th 2017 10:24 am

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12379723)
Its true. Believe me I have been through it myself, and I know just how intrusive they can get. Just a warning in case it happens to you ( I doubt it will, with kids of the marriage etc, but you never know).

Thanks Pollyanna. I am finding it all incredibly hard. It's not just the Spouse Visa, it's my son's Citizenship as well. His school are getting quite heavy with us, but there's nothing we can do. The Citizenship people have requested that an Australian national with a professional job signs the back of his passport photos, but we don't know any! They have to have known him for a while.

We asked his school teacher from Dubai to sign them, and sent those in, but they won't accept them. Now the Citizenship department are ignoring our emails. If we don't get it sorted soon, we're gonna get a massive bill from the school for fees which we are not in a position to pay.

With me not working (another nasty surprise, not getting a bridging visa that allows me to work), we're gonna have to consider going home.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:01 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.