Wikiposts

Why always the same questions?

Old Aug 12th 2006, 9:12 am
Just Joined

the_nice_family is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Why always the same questions?

Hi everybody,

i read quite often the different posts.
I wonder why people don't read the posts before asking questions ?
Most of the time it's always the same questions :

For instance the questions about medicals :

" Meds Police checks posted- How long now? "
" medical question : i want to send medicals before request,can i do it? "
" e457 - how long after meds/x-rays finished"

I think that i 've already read the response a hundred times.

I just want to ask people to read the old posts before asking a new question ?

GoodD'y
I
Old Aug 12th 2006, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice
Default Re: Why always the same questions?

Originally Posted by the_nice_family
Hi everybody,

GoodD'y
I

That's a good point, people being lazy I guess, but I think it would be a good idea to have this immigration section broken down into sub sections, such as Meds / Police / Assesments etc this would make it far easier to find what your looking for, at the time of posting this reply there are over 34,000 threads and over 230,000 posts in this section, thats a lot of searching to find what your looking for, so I guess its just easier for people to repost the same questions. Which is probably why there are so many posts!
Old Aug 12th 2006, 9:29 am
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

GoodD'y
I

Sometimes it takes a while to find your way around the site. I for one have posted questions which I am sure has been asked, especially at the beginning, and I DID search but couldn't find a reply, I got help every time from long term users, who, I am sure have answered them MANY times.

With the amount of people using the site it will happen, until they find there feet
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There is a search facility on the forum, its not perfect, but at least its there. However a lot of posters on this forum post through usenet, rather than through BritishExpats so the search thingy is not available to them. Also a lot of answeres change as visa regulations change so in some circumstances its best to check by asking again - esp if the only answeres you find are old.

It wouldn't be practical to split the forum into so many different areas; the moderators are unpaid (we do it for the love of it!) and we already spend a fair amount of time moving posts to different fora - if we had to read every single post and place it in the right areas within the forum it would become a fulltime job, which is impossible as we all work all day now. It would be impossible to rely on posters to put their posts in the right section, they don't out them on the right forum now so things would just get worse.

Finally - in addition to all that though, there is a large number of posts that do turn up the same questions day after dayIt would be helpful if people searched a bit before posting, and there is also now an Updated FAQ stuck to the top of the forum, compiled by several agents.

So sorry, but you'll just have to keep trawling through the posts to search for what you want
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:20 pm
Mark

Also remember that folks post via different forums and also directly via
Usenet. So the search results via newsfeeders and different forums may
be different :)

--
Mark
Posted via http://www.gettingdownunder.co.uk

Old Aug 13th 2006, 2:40 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark
Also remember that folks post via different forums and also directly via
Usenet. So the search results via newsfeeders and different forums may
be different

--
Mark
Posted via http://www.gettingdownunder.co.uk
or you could just join as its free and search.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:19 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alkristensen
or you could just join as its free and search.
Also - forms change/are updated etc, so new questions will asked due to new questions being asked on the forms - does that make sense? good!
Procedures change too, its been intrigueing watching this forum since last year, alot of questions being asked now are mainly due to the visa process being slowed down, so alot of questions which seem to be the same, actually require different answers ie - timelines. I sometimes think its a good thing people ask questions that may have been answered before, ie - visa application checklists, the checklists have changed, so those who have just recently submitted will have the correct advice to offer, where-as those of us who submitted 6 months ago or longer, may give incorrect advice because we are not familiar with the new checklist procedures.

So in a nutshell - like my Nan used to say to me when I was at school - never be afraid to ask questions.

Last edited by Claire&Richard; Aug 13th 2006 at 4:21 pm. Reason: dreadful spelling mistakes
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:18 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Hi everybody,

GoodD'y
I
I have been on this forum for around three years and I hear the same questions over and over but it does'nt stop me replying to those same questions with the same answers over and over. Everyone on here has a different level they are at in the process and to be honest to go back through hundreds of posts just to get that tiny peice of info you are after can be mind boggeling let only tedious. Some people myself included ask questions and get a speedy reply from others logged on.

Please be a little more sympathetic, when you get nearer to flying out you too will panic and ask the same questions over and over...trust me on that.

Jayne
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

the_nice_family is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Why always the same questions?

Originally Posted by Eric the Viking
I have been on this forum for around three years and I hear the same questions over and over but it does'nt stop me replying to those same questions with the same answers over and over. Everyone on here has a different level they are at in the process and to be honest to go back through hundreds of posts just to get that tiny peice of info you are after can be mind boggeling let only tedious. Some people myself included ask questions and get a speedy reply from others logged on.

Please be a little more sympathetic, when you get nearer to flying out you too will panic and ask the same questions over and over...trust me on that.

Jayne

Hi everybody,

thanks very much for your replies.

I 've asked this question to make people react a little while.
I find this forum absolutly wonderful because people keep on responding to the same questions, over an over again.
Nevertheless somethimes you just need to search for the posts of the day before to get the response.

I think that this forum will be even better if people only make a little effort.

G'day
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

thanks very much for your replies.

I 've asked this question to make people react a little while.
I find this forum absolutly wonderful because people keep on responding to the same questions, over an over again.
Nevertheless somethimes you just need to search for the posts of the day before to get the response.

I think that this forum will be even better if people only make a little effort.

G'day
Oh come on, your question has been asked, and answered many times before,

Just do a search and you will find it

What is it your 3rd post? and already you are complaining, why not try and answer some of the questions? and HELP, instead of moaning about how many times its been asked.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

jeeva will become famous soon enough

Hi everybody,

I
The Search is not always helpful - sometimes it gives out 100s of posts or sometimes it yields nothing - can't get a better refinement on the results. I think to get an up todate answer there's no harm to ask again.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

icequeen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eric the Viking

Jayne

Ditto to that!

cheers,
Marina
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:01 pm
BigDaddy

Hi, people!

I think there's nothing wrong with the repeating of same questions.

There's no professionals in imigrating to Aus, we're al amateurs, and I
think this group is one of most acknowledgable groups about specific issue.

Also, people have feeling that sometimes rules are changing, and they
want be up to date with them, especcialy if you consider that everyone
has some percent of panic in their mind.

Anyway, these group has most mails in my news reader, and that's the
reason why's so hard to search old ones to view answer for specific
question.

Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

I would say I was also guilty on occassions of asking the same questions!

However - on asking the question you tend to seek out those folk at the same stage as you, and this has enabled me to PM people and make some good friends and contacts - to help each other through that stage you are at!

SURELY this is not a bad thing?????

Angela