Wikiposts

WHV to Tourist Visa

Old Mar 28th 2012, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

_Australia will become famous soon enough
Default WHV to Tourist Visa

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can provide any advise. I am currently on a WHV which expires at the end of May, however i have a few events i would like to attend throughout June and plan to leave early July (extra 40 days). I have done the research and can see i can apply for a 601 as I would be onshore when applying but it costs $290. Does traveling to a foreign country then coming back avoid this or is it best to just apply while onshore?

I can show i have enough money to support myself and would book an onward journey as well

Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2012, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHV to Tourist Visa

Just pop over and visit New Zealand and apply online for the EVisitor (if you hold an EU passport). It's free, will let you stay for 90 days and you'll get to see New Zealand.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHV to Tourist Visa

I looked into this for my son when he was here and was told that they really didn't like people staying past the 12 months mark unless they had compelling reasons to do so...apparently my wedding to his dad wasn't enough of a reason.

So my advice, nip over to NZ and apply for a tourist visa, it will most likely be easier.