WHV (Subclass 417) + HIV infection

Old Feb 6th 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

moo1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHV (Subclass 417) + HIV infection

Just to let you know I have contacted the HIV and AIDS Legal Centre. They have given me the information I need to prepare for my application. If I applied online for the visa. How would I provide additional information? e.g. letters, proof of savings etc. Would they request it afterwards? Or I am just better off applying via paper method?

However as I earlier mentioned everyone circumstances are different. So my advice is to contact HALC to get advice tailored to yourself.

Moo

Last edited by moo1982; Feb 6th 2013 at 10:06 am.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 9:56 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moo1982
Just to let you know I have contacted the HIV and ADIS Legal Centre. They have given me the information I need. The good news it appears its not too complicated.
Excellent. Good luck with your case.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Just to update you all. I have finally bit the bullet and applied.
Hopefully I'll find out soon if I just wasted $365 or if my visa will be granted.
Whats the average processing time for a WHV? Im assuming mine will be longer due to my circumstances.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the average processing time for a WHV? Im assuming mine will be longer due to my circumstances.
A WHV with no complications, applied for online can be granted within a couple of days - but up to 2 weeks can be the norm too. As you're aware it could be longer.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
A WHV with no complications, applied for online can be granted within a couple of days - but up to 2 weeks can be the norm too. As you're aware it could be longer.
I thought so. I was going to apply at the start of July but decided as its my 31st birthday on the 19th July. I thought that might be leaving it too close for comfort. STA Travel advised me that I should really apply six weeks before my birthday.

I have recently moved back with my parents house (flat tenancy ended yesterday). I was sat in my bedroom at the PC just browsing the web. Thats when I decided "what the hell just apply for the visa. I can't put if off any longer"

Last edited by moo1982; Jun 3rd 2013 at 8:26 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 4th 2013, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Just to update you all. I have received an email from DIAC asking for a copy of my photo page of my passport. I also need to attend a medical examination. The only problem the email mentioned I need to download some forms from the Application Status portal. However there is no download link (Complete health forms for this applicant) for the forms when I login to the portal.

Will the link appear after I submitted them a copy of the photo page of my passport? Alternatively I have found some following forms here. Will they do instead?
http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/pane.../health_forms/

Im assuming I need to use form 26 and 160?

Last edited by moo1982; Jun 4th 2013 at 10:43 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 4th 2013, 11:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Just to update you all. I have received an email from DIAC asking for a copy of my photo page of my passport. I also need to attend a medical examination. The only problem the email mentioned I need to download some forms from the Application Status portal. However there is no download link (Complete health forms for this applicant) for the forms when I login to the portal.

Will the link appear after I submitted them a copy of the photo page of my passport? Alternatively I have found some following forms here. Will they do instead?
http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/pane.../health_forms/

Im assuming I need to use form 26 and 160?
I did medicals for my visa last year, and the panel dr did everything online and didn't need the forms we printed out. Might want to check with them maybe. Good luck
Old Jun 4th 2013, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I did medicals for my visa last year, and the panel dr did everything online and didn't need the forms we printed out. Might want to check with them maybe. Good luck
Thats what one of the hospitals in Manchester told me. She tried looking for me using my TRN but couldn't find me. She did mention it might be worth leaving it for a day for two.

Last edited by moo1982; Jun 4th 2013 at 11:17 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 4th 2013, 11:28 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what one of the hospitals in Manchester told me. She tried looking for me using my TRN but couldn't find me. She did mention it might be worth leaving it for a day for two.
Have you made the appt for the medical anyway?
Old Jun 4th 2013, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you made the appt for the medical anyway?
No she couldn't find with with the TRN I gave to her.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

This is the actual email I got

DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION AND CITIZENSHIP

Dear (SNIP)

This email is in relation to your electronic Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa application lodged via the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's website.

INFORMATION REQUIRED

To enable the department to further process your application, you must provide the following information:

1. A colour copy of the personal details and identity photo page of your current passport.

TIMEFRAME FOR RESPONSE

You must respond to this request within 28 days after you are taken to have received this email. As this request was sent to you by email, you are taken to have received it at the end of the day it was transmitted.

If you do not reply within the timeframe specified above your application may be decided without the requested information being taken into account. If you are unable to provide the requested information within 28 days, you must contact the Hobart Global Processing Centre at [email protected] to provide an explanation.

PROVIDING INFORMATION

You can provide information to the Hobart Global Processing Centre by attaching electronic documents to your application, email, fax or post.

When providing information you should include your full name, date of birth, passport number and Transaction Reference Number (TRN). The preferred file formats for attachments are .jpg or .pdf. The total size of attachments for each email must not exceed 5 Mb.

Attaching documents electronically to your online application

You can submit your documents in electronic (scanned) format by using the "Attach documents to a lodged application" function available on the department’s eVisa website at http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/workin...ttachments.htm

Email
Reply to [email protected]
Please do not alter information in the subject line of this email.

Fax and Post
The department prefers information to be provided using one of the options above. However, if you are unable to provide the requested information electronically you may fax or post it to:

FAX: +61 3 6281 9553

Tasmania State Office
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
GPO Box 794
Hobart TASMANIA
AUSTRALIA 7001

HEALTH REQUIREMENTS

You are required to undertake a chest x-ray examination / medical examination / HIV blood tests to determine if you meet the health requirement for the grant of an Australian temporary visa.

All applicants are required under Australian Migration Law to meet health criteria. For information on how health requirements are assessed please refer to Form 1163i Health requirement for temporary entry to Australia at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

To complete your health requirements, please access the Query Application Status page at https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

Enter the requested details. The next page will display link "Complete health forms for this applicant". Carefully follow the instructions to proceed with your health requirements.

You may have access to both online and manual health processing. If both options are accessible, it is recommended that you utilise the online health processing facility as it is much faster.

Note: If you are completing manual health a passport-sized photograph will be required for each chest x-ray or medical examination.

Health examinations must be undertaken by radiologists and medical doctors selected by the Australian Government (Panel doctors). A list of panel doctors can be found at http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors/

After attending your health appointment, the Panel Doctor / Radiologist will forward your results to the department for assessment.

TIMEFRAME

You must complete your health examination(s) within 28 days after you are taken to have received this letter. As this request was sent to you by email, you are taken to have received it at the end of the day it was transmitted.

If you do not attend your health examinations or contact the department within the timeframe provided, your application may be decided without the requested information being taken into account.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR HEALTH ASSESSMENTS

There can be delays with health results being entered into the department’s systems. If your appointment date is more than 21 days after this notification was sent, or you can not complete your health examinations within the timeframe, you must contact the Hobart Global Processing Centre at [email protected] to provide the date and place of your medical examination(s).

Failure to provide this information may result in a decision being made on your Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa application without your health assessment results being taken into account. This may result in your visa being refused.

TRACKING THE PROGRESS OF YOUR APPLICATION

To check the progress of your application, you can use the online enquiry service.

Use your Transaction Reference Number (TRN) provided in the subject line of this email to access this free 24 hour service through our website at
http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/check-progress.htm

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

The department will try to process your visa application as efficiently as possible. However, the department advises applicants not to finalise their travel arrangements until they have received notification of their visa application outcome.

Working Holiday visa applications lodged electronically may be finalised within two (2) weeks of lodgement. In some instances applications may need to be referred for further processing, resulting in longer processing times.

To be eligible for a Working Holiday visa, applicants must be outside Australia when they apply and at the time a decision is made on their application.

If your visa application contains incorrect and / or misleading information, this may lead to your application being refused or your visa being cancelled.

Medical treatment in Australia can be very expensive for tourists who are not covered by Australia's national health scheme. It is recommended that you have health or travel insurance for yourself and your family for the duration of your stay in Australia.

If your circumstances change or the information provided as part of your application is no longer correct, you must inform the department in writing as soon as possible.

CONTACTING THE DEPARTMENT

You can contact us with a general enquiry in a number of ways including by email, through our website, by telephone through our Service Centres or offices around the world, or in person. In Australia you can call 13 18 81 between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday. Details on contacting our offices outside Australia are available on our website at www.immi.gov.au.

Thank you for using the eVisa service.

Yours sincerely,

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jun 4th 2013 at 8:17 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This is the actual email I got

DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION AND CITIZENSHIP

Dear (SNIP)

This email is in relation to your electronic Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa application lodged via the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's website.

You'll notice that your post has been edited to remove personal information. Where matters such as health and character are concerned please be careful when posting identifying details on the forum. DIAC case officers are known to browse BE.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You'll notice that your post has been edited to remove personal information. Where matters such as health and character are concerned please be careful when posting identifying details on the forum. DIAC case officers are known to browse BE.
Apologies.

Anyway I got a health examination booked. I do find it strange when it tells me to download the forms but they are not there. Anyway I have uploaded them a copy of my British Passport as requested by them.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:01 am

Apologies.

Anyway I got a health examination booked. I do find it strange when it tells me to download the forms but they are not there. Anyway I have uploaded them a copy of my British Passport as requested by them.
Good luck with that moo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.