WHV Extension query on farm work

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

alexstein is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHV Extension query on farm work

Just a quick one here.

Can the 3 months Farm work be done on a part time basis. example: weekend work?

Also i know the farm you work has to complete a form that you submit to the immigration department......if you are able to work on a part time basis on a farm can you have 2 sources of income on a WHV or would i need to voulenteer?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:36 pm
Brisbane please!

hectorafp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHV Extension query on farm work

IIRC it needs to be 88 days of work - over the 12 months of your visa, and it must be on the specified list of regional work.

There's a lot of helpful information regarding this on www.immi.gov.au

Not sure about the second part of your question but a quick search at the above link will probably answer it.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:08 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: WHV Extension query on farm work

Originally Posted by alexstein
Just a quick one here.

Can the 3 months Farm work be done on a part time basis. example: weekend work?

Also i know the farm you work has to complete a form that you submit to the immigration department......if you are able to work on a part time basis on a farm can you have 2 sources of income on a WHV or would i need to voulenteer?
Yes, the farmwork can be of a part-time basis, one day being the minimum individual period that can be counted but working just weekends you would need to still accrue the 88 days, taking 44 weekends.
www.wwoof.com.au ia also a possibility.
Details under Specified Work @ http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/work...ity-second.htm

You can work as much as you like on a WHV including multiple employers/jobs but only six months for the one employer.