WHV/ETA help!!

Old Aug 24th 2014, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Nsl258 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHV/ETA help!!

Hi everyone,

My current working holiday visa runs out on the 6th October and although I have done the work that qualifies me for a 2nd year extension I haven't yet applied for it.

I'm planning to go out back out to Aus ( currently home in the uk) in November on an ETA for a months holiday to see family but if I then decided that I wanted to stay on for another year would I be able to apply for my 2nd year extension from within oz and on an ETA?

Thanks!!
Old Aug 24th 2014, 12:22 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHV/ETA help!!

Originally Posted by Nsl258 View Post
Hi everyone,

My current working holiday visa runs out on the 6th October and although I have done the work that qualifies me for a 2nd year extension I haven't yet applied for it.

I'm planning to go out back out to Aus ( currently home in the uk) in November on an ETA for a months holiday to see family but if I then decided that I wanted to stay on for another year would I be able to apply for my 2nd year extension from within oz and on an ETA?

Thanks!!
Interesting question (interesting because I don't know the answer) Re applying for a second year 417 while in the country on an ETA, all I could find was this

You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition.
Contact us if you are not sure whether your current visa conditions prevent you from applying for a further visa while you are in Australia
Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

A second WHV can be applied for from within Oz or from the UK
Old Aug 26th 2014, 10:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If your ETA/eVisitor visa has a 'No Further Stay' condition attached to it then you can't apply onshore. If not then you can. Bear in mind that DIBP will always expect you to travel on the visa most suited to your purpose so if you decide that you do want to stay on a second WHV before you leave then you should apply for it offshore.