On a WHV, can become De-facto? Child Visa?

Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

abbie07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down On a WHV, can become De-facto? Child Visa?

Hey All,
I am currently on a a first year WHV.
Firstly..
My mum and step-dad are permanent residents. I have been in a relationship with an Australian Citizen for around 9/10 months.

I have considered possible visas, such as 2nd Year Working Holiday (however have not done the 3 months/88 days work), Child Visa (however i would have to become a dependant child, not work, and be dependant on my parents to pay for everything, which they definitely wont do!!), or the de-facto visa.

I was just wondering what my options would be? For the defacto visa the immi website states that you have to be in the relationship for a year and live with eachother at the time of application. It will be 11 months that I would have been with my boyfriend when my current visa expires. Is it possible to obtain a bridging visa until i can apply for a defacto visa?

Anything!! I really don't want to go home and leave my family and boyfriend

Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:42 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: On a WHV, can become De-facto? Child Visa?

First thing you need to do is being and the process and most importantly secure a bridging visa. If you are unable to do this you'll have to return home and wait for clearance. I know soemone who is waiting 8 months and counting atm.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

When you say 'been in a relationship for 9/10 months' do you mean living together for that time or just boyfriend/girlfriend? You need one year cohabitation with all the proof of bills, bank account info, rental info etc to prove it. Being a boyfriend/girlfriend isn't enough. Do you still have time to get the three month rural work before the WHV runs out? Then you could get the 2nd year and be able to do the De Facto at the end of that year.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, as said you need to be able to prove that you were living together for a year.

The 2nd year for the WHV would be your only workable option really.

I can't see you getting the child visa at all if you have been living with your partner, as then you would not be dependant on your parents.

You can't get a bridging visa if you have not applied for another visa.

You might have to speak to an agent if you don't have time to get your second year WHV. See if it is possible to go onto a tourist visa for a month until you have been living with your partner for a year (assuming you have been, which it doesn't sound like you have).

If you have not been living together, then your only option might be to apply for a course, spend the HUGE amounts of money to study in Oz, while moving in with your partner, hoping that you will still be together in a year and then applying for the defacto visa. OR see if you can get him to move to the UK with you for a year (not sure how visas work for that).

Good luck