whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

main differences are

ENS needs either skills assessment or two yrs on 457. RSMS needs neither ( but should be diploma level job) but is regional only.

RSMS has 2 yr commitment after grant from employer and holder and can theoretically be revoked if holder does't (try to) do it. ENS has 3 year promise after grant by employer and holder to stay but no legislation to remove it if you leave earlier.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slippery30
Hi,

i am on 457 visa since Aug 2008 and about to lodge application for 175 MODL..my question is regarding timelines estimated for visa grant. My understanding is that it is quicker as compared to when applicant in "off-shore"...the DIAC site states waiting period is six months when applicant is in australia....am i in this category????....or it is for those who convert to PR from student visas etc.....as 457visa holders need to exist and re-enter australia at the time of grant..but the student visa holders need to do so( visa class 885 or 886)

thanks alot
I'm in a similar case. Already in Australia with a 457 visa. 175 visa lodged in July 08. From what I was told for ASPC hotline, you're still considered as a off-shore and processing time is the same as for 'real' off-shore applicants... unfortunately, these applications don't seem to be fast-tracked at all...
Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Originally Posted by guiguioz
I'm in a similar case. Already in Australia with a 457 visa. 175 visa lodged in July 08. From what I was told for ASPC hotline, you're still considered as a off-shore and processing time is the same as for 'real' off-shore applicants... unfortunately, these applications don't seem to be fast-tracked at all...
I've been told the 176's are talking 6-8 months to be granted, probably the same for 175.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Billy_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really nice

Originally Posted by Safin
main differences are

ENS needs either skills assessment or two yrs on 457. RSMS needs neither ( but should be diploma level job) but is regional only.

RSMS has 2 yr commitment after grant from employer and holder and can theoretically be revoked if holder does't (try to) do it. ENS has 3 year promise after grant by employer and holder to stay but no legislation to remove it if you leave earlier.
Ta for the info. Job is minimum 3 year degree. Looks like RSMS could be a way to try and get PR sooner. Employer might be happier if I am commited to 2 years with them. Then if that visa isn't successful (for whatever reason) then I still have until 2010 to sit the 'stupid' exam.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 12:45 am
Just Joined

scott4526 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=hitchcock71;7028409]hi guys

HI Everyone

Just joined expats today been reading some of the info really intresting.

My Name is Scott Thompson moved over here on tourist visa with my wife and son back in March 2007 came here to see mum and dad who are Australian citizens. We knew before we came out that we were not going back to the U.K and thought that we will do the visas when we get out.
What a stressful 3 months that was and would not wish it on anyone.
My TRA failed,My wifes sponserd failed and it was up to me to get a sponser.
I am electrician and was lucky to find a company that found a way round the TRA. The 457 visa came through the exact day that we were supposed to go back. Anyway to the present we have had a Aussie baby 'who is not an Aussie baby' a little girl, Passed my TRA thank god what a complete load of shite that place is. Now i can apply for P.R employer said he would do the ENS but after next march cant say wether would be laid or not,other option is 175,176 skilled visa but takes longer. As anybody anytime frames for all three visas. I cant believe it is this hard for someone to stay in this country when all my close family are here and i have had a baby here.

Cheers sorry for dragging this out
Old Dec 7th 2008, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

I'm on my second 457 from a different employer to the first. Applied for 175 in Sep.

Last edited by looky; Dec 7th 2008 at 4:05 am.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Originally Posted by looky
I'm on my second 457 from a different employer to the first. Applied for 175 in Sep.
Hi all,

I've just literally e-lodged my 176 today, just wondering if ppl are front loading their pc's and meds, or waiting until CO are assigned?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 1:13 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We've been here on a 457 since May; the company has offered to sponsor PR but we're enjoying the LAFHA and want to time our application carefully so as to get PR granted (hopefully!) just as we feel sufficiently permanent to buy a house. Keeping an eye on the property market at the moment and hoping we're not tempting fate by being greedy.

Thinking of starting the ball rolling and getting meds, etc., ready but stories of ENS currently being granted in about 8 days are scaring me
Old Dec 18th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
We've been here on a 457 since May; the company has offered to sponsor PR but we're enjoying the LAFHA and want to time our application carefully so as to get PR granted (hopefully!) just as we feel sufficiently permanent to buy a house. Keeping an eye on the property market at the moment and hoping we're not tempting fate by being greedy.

Thinking of starting the ball rolling and getting meds, etc., ready but stories of ENS currently being granted in about 8 days are scaring me
is 8 days normal?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:14 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

If I've read another thread properly, it happens.

edit: Actually it's about time I started paying more attention to all this - not sure we'll be getting an agent next time.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Hi again
new thread fab by the way - I have been on looking to find out how we convert from 457 to PR and here it is!!!

I was offered job with Queensland Health March 2008, specific post only identified in June 2008 so visa process did not start until after that. Went through house seling hell and arrived here in October 2008 having had to take a loss on the house to get here. Literally had $18000 and our suitcases on arrival. Started work 5 days later, OH started 12 days later so had money coming in almost straight away. Now in rented house which was brand new for us moving in, so nice!!

Love my job, most of the time!! Kids so happy here and although we are only here 2 months we are so happy and do not want to have to leave. Started to review ENS. Employer has advised PR available though from reading posts on here it seems that some peoples experience with QH has been easier than others to get pr sponsor. My probation period is up at end of Jan and I intend to have everything ready to submit as soon as employer gives green light. Ideally do not want to have to get new police checks, meds, xrays again as they are all still within twelve months.

The reason for the rush for me is the want to ensure we have security - although i have two year 457 I need to know my situation cannot change with governmental policy changes in future.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience of QH in this regard, good luck to everyone and looking forward to nice long thread!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Redwin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Came out on 457 mid 07. Applied for ENS 856 in Feb 08. Told at the beginning of dec by CO thro Agent that the application was to be withdrawn otherwise it would be refused due to CO not happy with company when others have successfully moved from 457 - 856.

Agent then put in a complaint about CO.. Head honcho then called agent & totally agreed with her and CO will be reprimanded accordingly

Been told visa will be processed within the month. So hopefully will have PR by the end of January. Will believe it when I see it :curse:

Red
Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default `

I have a question,

I have been offered the chance of sponsorship for a 457 visa in the Air Conditioning industry. I was hoping to go for either the 175, or the sponsored PR visa but as the wait is so long I am thinking of taking the 457 option.

My question is, whilst on a 457 visa and applying for a 175, do you have to leave the country to get it validated or you can you be in Australia? I do not fancy having to come home once the 457 visa is up and then flying back out once the visa is granted.

Also, can I start the application for a 175 as soon as I enter on the 457 or do I have to wait for a certain lenght of time?

Thanks

Rick

PS, belated merry xmas and an early happy new year to everyone!!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: `

You will have to leave Oz to get 175 granted but you don't need to go all the way back to Uk. NZ or many asian countries fiji etc will all do. You would have to have a very short 457 to have that run out before the 175 could be granted, or leave it a long time to apply for the 175 in the first place!

Also it doesn't matter which order you apply for the visas. You can do 175 whenever you want, even before the 175 goes in. The only thing you must make sure of is that the 175 is granted 2nd. Otherwise the temporary 457 cancels the permanent 175 - not what yyou want.

In real terms if you are applying for both simultaneously its highly unlikely that would happen but you do need to be aware of it. If timelines look like it could go the other way you must cancel any outstanding application as soon as your 175 is granted.

Alternatively would the employer go straight for a ENS 121 or RSMS 119 PR visa. There was a thread recently about this and JAJ gave some good reasons you can use to try and convince an employer to go for PR straight off. Think it was called something like - trying to persuade Employer to sponsor PR. Try a search on ENS and JAJ as poster

Last edited by Safin; Dec 28th 2008 at 12:05 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: `

Originally Posted by Safin
You will have to leave Oz to get 175 granted but you don't need to go all the way back to Uk. NZ or many asian countries fiji etc will all do. You would have to have a very short 457 to have that run out before the 175 could be granted, or leave it a long time to apply for the 175 in the first place!

Also it doesn't matter which order you apply for the visas. You can do 175 whenever you want, even before the 175 goes in. The only thing you must make sure of is that the 175 is granted 2nd. Otherwise the temporary 457 cancels the permanent 175 - not what yyou want.

In real terms if you are applying for both simultaneously its highly unlikely that would happen but you do need to be aware of it. If timelines look like it could go the other way you must cancel any outstanding application as soon as your 175 is granted.

Alternatively would the employer go straight for a ENS 121 or RSMS 119 PR visa. There was a thread recently about this and JAJ gave some good reasons you can use to try and convince an employer to go for PR straight off. Think it was called something like - trying to persuade Employer to sponsor PR. Try a search on ENS and JAJ as poster
Thanks for the reply,

I have tried to get them to go for a PR straight off, but I am not sure I want to be tied to the same company for 2 years. I think I will go for the 457 with this company, then once that is granted, apply for the 175 before I leave the UK. Then as soon as that gets granted I will make a short journey to NZ to get it validated.

I presume I can keep track of all the visa progress and any requests from them if I submit an online application? Will I also be able to get all my police checks and medicals whilst I am in OZ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.