Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Who pays for visa,flight,etc us or employer or government?

Wikiposts

Who pays for visa,flight,etc us or employer or government?

Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:28 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default Who pays for visa,flight,etc us or employer or government?

Hi and a good day to you all

right i just wanted to clarify a few points on sponsorship as i have been on a lot of the burea,govt sites etc and now my mind is a blur,
1)if your employer sponsors you on a 457 who foots the bill for visa application etc ?

2) if you do the Employer nomination scheme (is this the same as (1) ) who foots the bill (ENS)

3) if you go the Regional sponsorered migration scheme route who foots the bill for visa application etc for this (RSMS)

any comments or opinions greatfully recieved

kind regards
michell
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who pays for visa,flight,etc us or employer or government?

There were some proposed changes going through parliament that sought to make it a requirement that the sponsor paid everything for the 457. I don't know whether it got through or not though, I reccomend you check with a professional.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:41 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michell
Hi and a good day to you all

right i just wanted to clarify a few points on sponsorship as i have been on a lot of the burea,govt sites etc and now my mind is a blur,
1)if your employer sponsors you on a 457 who foots the bill for visa application etc ?

2) if you do the Employer nomination scheme (is this the same as (1) ) who foots the bill (ENS)

3) if you go the Regional sponsorered migration scheme route who foots the bill for visa application etc for this (RSMS)

any comments or opinions greatfully recieved

kind regards
michell

All a matter for negotiation with employer. DIAC, airlines etc won't care who pays.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:41 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AHamm
There were some proposed changes going through parliament that sought to make it a requirement that the sponsor paid everything for the 457. I don't know whether it got through or not though, I reccomend you check with a professional.
Even if it goes through, some (many, most?) employers will just try to offload the costs back onto the employee.