Who else is waiting for ACS results?

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Off 2 Oz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who else is waiting for ACS results?

Hi, we sent ours 23/02/08 International Signed for, does anyone have any idea how long it normally takes for them to be received. It doesn't tell you much on Royal Mail website, thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

I sent mine International Signed for too.

dunno how long that will take
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

If you email the Aus Post in sydney with your GPO tracking number and ask very nicely, they will confirm when the parcel is delivered and tell you who signs for it.

A few days later, you will get an email from the ACS with a login so you can track your application online.

Let the obsession begin!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

It says this on the ACS website:

"We advise registered post because this enables the applicant to confirm receipt. The ACS will not issue receipts or sign acknowledgements over the counter and applicants are advised we will not speak to applicants on-site"

I sent International Signed for.. will they take the document and sign for?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dont worry I am panicking , I see there are plenty of people who have sent via Int signed for and its got there fine!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stellaman
It says this on the ACS website:

"We advise registered post because this enables the applicant to confirm receipt. The ACS will not issue receipts or sign acknowledgements over the counter and applicants are advised we will not speak to applicants on-site"

I sent International Signed for.. will they take the document and sign for?
We sent ours UPS and someone signed for it! We had a virtual image of their signature to prove it.

Re the contact, they do discourage applicants from contacting them, but they did take note of the two emails we sent to them. I expect they just don't want everybody ringing up and asking if their application has got there.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Cyfarion is an unknown quantity at this point

They certainly seem to be speeding up on these assessments. I sent mine (via my agent) in January. The application was received on 29 Jan and acknowledged a couple of days later. Last Friday (29 Feb), the status changed to 'with assessor'. This morning I got an email from my agent, with a scanned copy of the results letter to say that I got a positive assessment, plus the extra modl points (cissp) I needed to make the cut for a 175 visa! It's a great feeling! The hardest bit was getting all the references I needed, the cissp exam was a walk in the park by comparison! I'm grateful to Peter Chiam (my agent) for all his hardwork and guidance throughout the process.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Excellent result - Well done on the skills process!!

5 week turnaround!! WOW
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cyfarion
They certainly seem to be speeding up on these assessments. I sent mine (via my agent) in January. The application was received on 29 Jan and acknowledged a couple of days later. Last Friday (29 Feb), the status changed to 'with assessor'. This morning I got an email from my agent, with a scanned copy of the results letter to say that I got a positive assessment, plus the extra modl points (cissp) I needed to make the cut for a 175 visa! It's a great feeling! The hardest bit was getting all the references I needed, the cissp exam was a walk in the park by comparison! I'm grateful to Peter Chiam (my agent) for all his hardwork and guidance throughout the process.
Congratulations!! That's way cool, Cyfarion. Did you write an RPL?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Cyfarion is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Stellaman and Tiger222,

It was a group B application on the strength of an MCSE, but I sent along 2 RPL reports just in case. The agent said there was a chance the ACS might ask for them as I didn't get the MCSE until 2004.

Good luck with your applications!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

We just got ours back ! Successful!!

See signature for timeline. The document delay was just a missing date on a employer reference!

Cheers everyone!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sandy.l

See signature for timeline. The document delay was just a missing date on a employer reference!

Cheers everyone!
Nice one Sandy.l - Even though you had to resend a doc - its still a quick turnaround

Congrats
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Milley will become famous soon enough

I'm still waiting for my results letter I tracked the letter, and apparently it is at customs
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Milley
I'm still waiting for my results letter I tracked the letter, and apparently it is at customs
Milley - Congratulations! It sounds really hopeful!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sandy.l

Cheers everyone!
Way to go, Sandy I!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.