Wikiposts

Who can certify documents?

Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

beetleman will become famous soon enough
Default Who can certify documents?

Hi
Have done a quick look thru' of old posts...know I've read somewhere a list of professionals who are suitable to certify documents...can't find it! Anyone able to help?
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who can certify documents?

Justice of the peace -try your local court for a quote
Solicitor - charge what they want so its worth ringing round
or a notary public (whatever that is!!!)

It should be on the immi website, but thats all I can remember at the minute
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:12 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thought you might like to know that, if you're applying online, you don't need to certify your documents... just colour scan the originals and upload them onto the site....
Might save you a bit of money and time....
Also you can fill your form in and submit now... (bag your place in the 'queue') and attach your documents over the next few days. It's a time consuming activity so you might not want to do it all at once, esp. when you realise just how many you have to attach!!!

Good luck!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by beetleman
Hi
Have done a quick look thru' of old posts...know I've read somewhere a list of professionals who are suitable to certify documents...can't find it! Anyone able to help?
Thanks in advance
We found a solicitor that charged a fiver for the first documnet and then 2 quid for every one after that
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by seat151
We found a solicitor that charged a fiver for the first documnet and then 2 quid for every one after that
still sounds steep try phoning a few more local solicitors we got ours done for £25 got triplicate copies done
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

when i had mine certified, i was quoted £5 per stat dec and £2 per certified copy, total cost £96 , after everything was done he counted them up and said " £96 sounds a bit steep, is £30 ok? " you can imagine the look on my face, i couldn't write the cheque quick enough incase he changed his mind! it makes a change for me to get a deal
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks in advance

hi beetleman,
The visa requires a JP or solicitor these days but you don't need that, so...when i was looking recently i was directed to the UK passport website where it states loads of occupations, teacher, police officer etc. depends what you need certifying i think. When we did our tra we had a teacher to certify and that was fine but for the visa it wasn't.

Saying all this...our post master at the local post office certified our visa for a bottle of wine

Sam x
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sam
Asked this question in relation to getting documents certified for N00SR...if indeed this needs to be done....what did your teacher write on your documents?...curious as for TRA we used a solicitor and they had company stamp and an unreadable signature!!...which proved to be very expensive
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam
Asked this question in relation to getting documents certified for N00SR...if indeed this needs to be done....what did your teacher write on your documents?...curious as for TRA we used a solicitor and they had company stamp and an unreadable signature!!...which proved to be very expensive

It goes 'i certify that this is a true copy of the original' then it was signed, dated with her occupation.

i'll see if i can find the master one that i used. I made it and she just signed it.

So do you think we will have to do NOOSR?

sam x
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

i know this isn't fact but have a read of this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482211

Sorry, couldn't find the certifying master!!

Sam x
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanx Sam for including that link....seems you will be fine with your full degree...not so sure about mine....
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Our GP certified ours. Tons of copies and all for a couple of bottles of decent Rioja.

We pre-printed it with the required wording and laid it out all ready so all she needed to do was sign & stamp it.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

My skills assessment needs a Notary Public to certify copies - £140 and then the post office lost the first lot
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Ouch. Hope the post office coughed-up
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanx Sam for including that link....seems you will be fine with your full degree...not so sure about mine....
From what i can make out though the Fdegree is still more than enough for the sort of work we are looking at

I will bell qld communities at some point as it would be nice to find out for sure...although, i don't think it will be as easy. Last time i rang i spoke to scottish lady who talked about qld assessment but didn't know much more than that

Sam x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.