who applying 457 thread

Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

fontii will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by shazza
thanks fonti
yep mine looks exactly the same you been waiting long?
Cool,

nah, I only applied on the 24th July. The sponsor was approved about a week before. They want me to start work before the end of September, but I wanna be there asap! I'm not really sure what the process is but as long as my chest xray is cool, then I see no reason why the process would take a while. The application is just for me so hopefully it'll be quick and then the fun part will start!

At the mo, i'm checking the online status for signs of progress all the bloody time!

Andy

Last edited by fontii; Aug 7th 2007 at 9:53 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

well good luck hope you hear something soon fonti.my visa is for me and oh and 2 kids.believe me when it comes the fun will begin
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shazza
well good luck hope you hear something soon fonti.my visa is for me and oh and 2 kids.believe me when it comes the fun will begin
Hehe, yeah good luck to you too. I already know which apartment i'm gonna live in and which car i'm gonna buy, as well as which bar will be my local! Just playing the waiting game now.
I'll update with any news- Going to sleep tonight with my fingers crossed!

Andy
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Rob D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fontii
Cool,

nah, I only applied on the 24th July. The sponsor was approved about a week before. They want me to start work before the end of September, but I wanna be there asap! I'm not really sure what the process is but as long as my chest xray is cool, then I see no reason why the process would take a while. The application is just for me so hopefully it'll be quick and then the fun part will start!

At the mo, i'm checking the online status for signs of progress all the bloody time!

Andy
I only had a chest x-ray and on my own and its taken 8 weeks so far from lodgement. Don't get your hopes up!!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 5:42 pm
Maizie

Maizie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Steve on getting your visa, enjoy the celebrations
Could I just ask you all who have applied for your visa online. My sponsership number has eventually worked and I completed the application last night. However the problem is it won't allow me to finalise and pay for the visa and therefore lodge and attach documents.
I was on the phone last night to my recruitment consultantl and spent the best part of 2 hours on the phone last night to immigration. The people at immigration tell me that my application seems fine and I have answered all their questions, so may be an IT error!!!!!
I have re- checked and re- checked the application and can't see that I have missed anything out.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions, I would appreciate it, it's very frustrating
Thanks in advance
May x
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:51 pm
Maizie

Maizie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maizie
Congrats Steve on getting your visa, enjoy the celebrations
Could I just ask you all who have applied for your visa online. My sponsership number has eventually worked and I completed the application last night. However the problem is it won't allow me to finalise and pay for the visa and therefore lodge and attach documents.
I was on the phone last night to my recruitment consultantl and spent the best part of 2 hours on the phone last night to immigration. The people at immigration tell me that my application seems fine and I have answered all their questions, so may be an IT error!!!!!
I have re- checked and re- checked the application and can't see that I have missed anything out.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions, I would appreciate it, it's very frustrating
Thanks in advance
May x
HI All,
Me again, panic over, I have managed to lodge my e visa at last. Now the wait begins.
Cheers
May
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

hudge is an unknown quantity at this point

G'DAY ALL
My name is Hudge, and i am new to all this so please be nice!!
My family and I (me, oh and 2 boys (8,5) are off to Sydney on the 25th August. Still not had visa through, 19/6 application was recieved, 10/7 medicals were done and sent. We sent them all via Royal mail international signed for service but apparently they cant track them after they have left uk( b****y useless), never mind like everyone else playing the waiting game still says medicals outstanding. We have a consulatant doing it all for us and she reckons week commencing the 20th August. We are doing an intra-comapny transfer for my hubby supposed to be streamlined!! Company are paying for flights, if the visas are not through thinking of going on ETA as comapany have suggested good idea?
Hudge
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maizie
HI All,
Me again, panic over, I have managed to lodge my e visa at last. Now the wait begins.
Cheers
May
Good luck! If you're anything like me you'll be checking the online status constantly!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Willin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just applied for an E457 recently and my status today is:
16.7.07 Application received - processing commenced
16.7.07 Application fee received
25.7.07 Further medical results received
31.7.07 Health requirements finalised
Sponsored by insurance company in Sydney. Ernst & Young are my migration agents and they seem to be well on the case.
Hoping its imminent as so excited. I have moved out last week and staying with the olds for the first time in 14 years!
I'm following Red-V-Rogers as his timeline is very similiar to mine but maybe a week or so ahead...... Hoping to leave UK by 25th August.

Last time I joined a forum like this is was the consumer action group to claim bank charges back... that was successful!
Let's hope for the same here....
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

hudge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Willin
Just wanted to ask how you managed to get through the medical clearance so fast?, are you travelling by yourself?
Our appication commenced on the 19/6, medicals were sent on the 12/7 and still showing outstanding, we are due to fly out on the 25th August!!
Hudge
Welcome by the way i am new too
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:38 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hudge
Hi Willin
Just wanted to ask how you managed to get through the medical clearance so fast?, are you travelling by yourself?
Our appication commenced on the 19/6, medicals were sent on the 12/7 and still showing outstanding, we are due to fly out on the 25th August!!
Hudge
Just a little tip if you are waiting for 457 completion, if you feel sure that the visa will be no problem, you can fly out on an ETA, and you can be accepted onshore for a 457 instead of needing to be offshore which is the case with a PR visa.

just be patient. We waited 5 weeks for completion of meds recently.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Willin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hudge
Yeah I'm (recently) single so time for the big change I always promised myself... My medical was simply a Chest XR.
Good luck
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
Just a little tip if you are waiting for 457 completion, if you feel sure that the visa will be no problem, you can fly out on an ETA, and you can be accepted onshore for a 457 instead of needing to be offshore which is the case with a PR visa.

just be patient. We waited 5 weeks for completion of meds recently.
how do you know for sure that your visa will be no problem?????
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hudge
Hi Willin
Hudge
welcome to 457 thread
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Willin
Hi Hudge
Yeah I'm (recently) single so time for the big change I always promised myself... My medical was simply a Chest XR.
Good luck
welcome to the 457 thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.