who applying 457 thread

Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:34 am
Just Joined

milehighgirl is just really nicemilehighgirl is just really nicemilehighgirl is just really nicemilehighgirl is just really nicemilehighgirl is just really nicemilehighgirl is just really nicemilehighgirl is just really nicemilehighgirl is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by carmele
Just got a rental and a suitable school and pre school for the boys.

We have spent the last 7 days in the car for 9 hours a day to find the above but it has paid off! Spent a small fotune on toys to overcompensate for the boys being stuck in the car They're only 5 and 4 (next week!) but we can breathe a sigh of relief now!

Just got to buy a car now and register with medicare / medibank etc so making headway!

Think visa came on about 6 june (not too sure ) We sent our stuff about 4 weeks later?

Good luck with the 3 week turn around! Anything is possible!

Carmel
x
Hi there,
You mentioned finding preschool for your child, I have a 4 yr old...was wondering what prices/fees you were quoted for preschool?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

steved01 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: who applying 457 thread

We are desperate!!! We were told 6-8 weeks for our 457 and since having a TRN it's been 12 weeks and since case officer its now 7 - how do we get a reply from her???

We asked our solicitor to request an extension on our moving date but they weren't hopeful...so in with the M-in-L by the end of the month. The worst part is that we have to put all our stuff into storage with our shipping company (simpsons) until we can get a leaving date...and obviously the price of flights is going up continually towards x-mas. I've got 5 weeks notice at work as well so we can't plan anything...

Heading for Brisbane
VISA 457...(wife's a snr nurse)
Sponsorship was approved 23/04
Police Checks returned to us 24/04
TRN 07/05
Healthchecks 31/05
Case Officer 18/06
House for Sale 28/06
House Sold 28/06 (5 hrs later!!!)
Exchange Contracts 20/08
Homeless by the end of August !!

Last edited by steved01; Aug 6th 2007 at 11:08 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Maizie
Hey Shazza,
Heading to the Sunshine Coast. Where are you of to??
I have had medicals done and x rays at the end of June requested to do so by the recruitment agency, so just hope it all gets tied up once I apply for visa.
Bye for now
May
hi may
im heading off to brisbane.awaiting visa sooo fingers crossed we get it for september.good luck with everything number trn should be in soon x
Old Aug 7th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steved01
We are desperate!!! We were told 6-8 weeks for our 457 and since having a TRN it's been 12 weeks and since case officer its now 7 - how do we get a reply from her???

We asked our solicitor to request an extension on our moving date but they weren't hopeful...so in with the M-in-L by the end of the month. The worst part is that we have to put all our stuff into storage with our shipping company (simpsons) until we can get a leaving date...and obviously the price of flights is going up continually towards x-mas. I've got 5 weeks notice at work as well so we can't plan anything...

Heading for Brisbane
VISA 457...(wife's a snr nurse)
Sponsorship was approved 23/04
Police Checks returned to us 24/04
TRN 07/05
Healthchecks 31/05
Case Officer 18/06
House for Sale 28/06
House Sold 28/06 (5 hrs later!!!)
Exchange Contracts 20/08
Homeless by the end of August !!

and you got it today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

steved01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
and you got it today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mental as Anything !!!! It hasn't quite sunk in but i have just booked our plane tickets !!!!

£1759 with Singapore Airlines for 2 + 2 'ONE-WAY' to Sunny Brisbane on Friday 21st Sept....yipppeee !!!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having a few tonight then????????????????????
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:57 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice
Smile Re: who applying 457 thread

Hi fellow 457ers, mind if I join you? Here is the story so far.........

We are going (hopefully) to Melbourne to be with our daughter, she is married to an Aussie. We went over in April/May and fell in love with the place and decided we would try to go. As we are over 45 (me 47, OH 52) we didn't think we could get a visa that easily but as I'm a midwife we were assured by nursing agency that there wouldn't be a problem with my years of experience.

I applied and had telephone interview 26th June
Was offered a job 2nd July
Got sponsorship number 24th july
Lodge e-application 25th July
CO assigned 2nd August, medicals and documents requested
Medicals/x-rays 3rd August
Watch this space for rest.....

Good luck everyone, I'll be dropping in regularly to follow your progress.

Julie
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:03 pm
gya
Just Joined

gya is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people have mentioned that they have had the status for the medicals as "medicals received" or something like that; some other seem to have listed all the statuses they have had and have not mentioned "medicals received" status. Those who had such a status: have you seen it listed on the DIAC website? Mine has been received by LCU on July 5th (according to FedEx), but the status on the DIAC website is still "Medical examination required".
Thanks!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

HEY GYA
had medical and it also states medical requirements outstanding on site when checking.Dont know how long to expect this as it states everything else ie bloods and xray results have been received.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

fontii will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gya
Some people have mentioned that they have had the status for the medicals as "medicals received" or something like that; some other seem to have listed all the statuses they have had and have not mentioned "medicals received" status. Those who had such a status: have you seen it listed on the DIAC website? Mine has been received by LCU on July 5th (according to FedEx), but the status on the DIAC website is still "Medical examination required".
Thanks!
Yeah I just had to have a chest xray which I did in Manchester for £70. They then sent this down under electronically and the following day, the status on the website had changed to 'further medical results received'
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:23 pm
gya
Just Joined

gya is an unknown quantity at this point

My understanding is that almost everyone experience a delay with medicals. In fact, I have e-mailed LCU some time ago (before I have found the forum and have been clueless about where my medicals could be for so long) and they have replied yesterday that they are starting to process July 5th medicals now. Several people from the other threads with dates well before July 5th have said their medicals have not been "finalized" yet. Mine -- July 5th -- has not been processed as well. George L. (sorry, do not remember full name), an immigration agent, has suggested in some other tread that there have been some deadline for some categories of 457 applicants on July 30th and that these people have been trying to beat the deadline. At least that's how I have understood George.

My question has been more specifically about whether DIAC website list the status of medicals as "received" only for some applicants or everyone has had "received" before they have had "finalized".
Thanks.

P.S. Electronically may be a key word: mine have been sent via snail mail (mmm... express post)

Last edited by gya; Aug 7th 2007 at 6:28 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Rob D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gya
My understanding is that almost everyone experience a delay with medicals. In fact, I have e-mailed LCU some time ago (before I have found the forum and have been clueless about where my medicals could be for so long) and they have replied yesterday that they are starting to process July 5th medicals now. Several people from the other threads with dates well before July 5th have said their medicals have not been "finalized" yet. Mine -- July 5th -- has not been processed as well. George L. (sorry, do not remember full name), an immigration agent, has suggested in some other tread that there have been some deadline for some categories of 457 applicants on July 30th and that these people have been trying to beat the deadline. At least that's how I have understood George.

My question has been more specifically about whether DIAC website list the status of medicals as "received" only for some applicants or everyone has had "received" before they have had "finalized".
Thanks.

P.S. Electronically may be a key word: mine have been sent via snail mail (mmm... express post)

I think there is an element of randomness to it. Mine has never said received, but did add 'referred' on friday and as of today the website says 'finalised'
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi im going on a 457 visa and have had medicals received and bloods received but still 1 thing sayin outstanding? just dont know how they have recived most things but still have something outstanding.????i also applied electronically
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

fontii will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shazza
hi im going on a 457 visa and have had medicals received and bloods received but still 1 thing sayin outstanding? just dont know how they have recived most things but still have something outstanding.????i also applied electronically
Something like this?-

24/07/2007 Health requirements outstanding
01/08/2007 Further medical results received
01/08/2007 Further medical results received

This is mine, I think the outstanding bit means they have been received in Aus but not yet looked at.
Hope they review it soon- mine's only a chest xray and the hard work was all done in manchester!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks fonti
yep mine looks exactly the same you been waiting long?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.