who applying 457 thread

Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Hi, Tiff and fellow 457'ers

Visa applied for on 11/6 but still no news or co

Glad to hear things are happening for you now tiff, no change for me so far but not expecting it too yet, having meds on 6/8 and then waiting for registration of midwifery in oz before visa will be granted

Good luck to all and keep us posted with any developments

julie x
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Good to see some movement on the 457 front for all of us still waiting... our time will come Keep the 457 faith

sarah
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
I had some ideas about going in on ETA also...

Actually, I legally have two current British Passports with different numebrs etc. - one of which I entered and left Oz in May using, so has 12 month ETA, the other I have used for the 457 application.

Who's going to tell me the rules on going in ETA on one passport and getting the 457 later on in the other?
Surely it isn't legal to hold 2 British passports at once?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
Surely it isn't legal to hold 2 British passports at once?
Yes it is. Its because I work abroad a lot so my passport spends a lot of time at embassies in London getting visa stamps - like Algeria takes nearly 3 weeks so that means I can't travel anywhere else when they have it. Plus there is no way to get in to some countries if you have Isreal stamps in your passport.

Compny just writes a letter saying you need two passports and you can have two. But I was supprised that they were not duplicate. i.e. they have different numbers, dates, photo etc!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough

Not our day again peops?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is.
Compny just writes a letter saying you need two passports and you can have two. But I was supprised that they were not duplicate. i.e. they have different numbers, dates, photo etc!

You learn something new every day ....
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough

Like -

You are still waiting for visa to come through

Your typing is improving cos you're on BE checking info on others visa's

You're a damn sight more impatient that you thought you were
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boyz119
Like -

You are still waiting for visa to come through

Your typing is improving cos you're on BE checking info on others visa's

You're a damn sight more impatient that you thought you were
Still waiting. Spoke to our offices in Sydney this morning to get our shipping quote approved. They are chasing Immi real hard. This morning they were told mine will be another 2 - 3 weeks. This just falls in line with the original 6 - 8 weeks they were told at the start.

So I'm still on for 7/9/07, but it will be pretty close....
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting. Spoke to our offices in Sydney this morning to get our shipping quote approved. They are chasing Immi real hard. This morning they were told mine will be another 2 - 3 weeks. This just falls in line with the original 6 - 8 weeks they were told at the start.

So I'm still on for 7/9/07, but it will be pretty close....
roger

6-8 weeks is not that long to wait for the visa when you think that some people have to wait months and months for a visa .

question why another 2-3 weeks??? whats the hold up ??? medicals??? or what

love tiffany
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Hi, Tiff and fellow 457'ers

Visa applied for on 11/6 but still no news or co

Glad to hear things are happening for you now tiff, no change for me so far but not expecting it too yet, having meds on 6/8 and then waiting for registration of midwifery in oz before visa will be granted

Good luck to all and keep us posted with any developments

julie x
where are you ?????????? not seen you posting for ages have you heard anything yet???????????????

love tiff
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
roger

6-8 weeks is not that long to wait for the visa when you think that some people have to wait months and months for a visa .

question why another 2-3 weeks??? whats the hold up ??? medicals??? or what

love tiffany
Not Medicals - these have been finalised for 2 weeks now.

I agree 6 - 8 weeks is not too long, but compared to the 14 days it used to take our company, its a big step in the wrong direction.

I can understand our office's frustration - we are a Japanese company investing a lot in Oz and employing a lot of Aussies.

Don't know why another 2 - 3 weeks, everything on my side is done, our company has sponsored many people before and normally has two 457's on their books. At the moment they don't have any.

I'm just worried that in 2 - 3 weeks, they say another 2 - 3 weeks.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:00 pm
Maizie

Maizie is an unknown quantity at this point

Not Medicals - these have been finalised for 2 weeks now.

I agree 6 - 8 weeks is not too long, but compared to the 14 days it used to take our company, its a big step in the wrong direction.

I can understand our office's frustration - we are a Japanese company investing a lot in Oz and employing a lot of Aussies.

Don't know why another 2 - 3 weeks, everything on my side is done, our company has sponsored many people before and normally has two 457's on their books. At the moment they don't have any.

I'm just worried that in 2 - 3 weeks, they say another 2 - 3 weeks.
Hi Everyone,
Thought I would join in the chat after reading all your comments. Well at least you have all applied for your visas I am still waiting two months later after being offered a job for the b****y TRN number!!!!!!!!. I have been told that there is a huge delay with the Brisbane office and am just praying I get that number assap to apply for the visa.
I have sold my house and will be out at the end of the month and the removals are booked, it's all turning out to be a bit of a nightmare!!!!
Good luck to all of you waiting patiently for your 457 hope you get them soon.
May
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maizie
Hi Everyone,
Thought I would join in the chat after reading all your comments. Well at least you have all applied for your visas I am still waiting two months later after being offered a job for the b****y TRN number!!!!!!!!. I have been told that there is a huge delay with the Brisbane office and am just praying I get that number assap to apply for the visa.
I have sold my house and will be out at the end of the month and the removals are booked, it's all turning out to be a bit of a nightmare!!!!
Good luck to all of you waiting patiently for your 457 hope you get them soon.
May

oh god do you need a trn no for the 457 visa oh god no!!!!

please tell me that you dont
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice

I am nurse going for a sponsored temp visa........is that the 457?

The hospital has asked for a CV, they will then do a telephone interview and look for a suitable position. They say this is all a speedy process.
If I pass the interview and the "health screen" is ok then they start the visa application.
The visa they offer is for 2 years and I can start the PR process after 6 months. They will include my partner and children on the visa.

Does that sound ok?

The "health screen" they mentioned...........I assume this is the medical by panel doctors????
Is it just me or do the whole family have to do it?
Do I book it myself?
Are there forms I need for the medical? Where do I get them from?
Do I send them to Oz or do the docs send them?

Should I be getting the medical done now or wait until after the interview?

Help on the 457 process for nurses would be great.

Jackie
xxxxxx
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:23 pm
Maizie

Maizie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
I am nurse going for a sponsored temp visa........is that the 457?

The hospital has asked for a CV, they will then do a telephone interview and look for a suitable position. They say this is all a speedy process.
If I pass the interview and the "health screen" is ok then they start the visa application.
The visa they offer is for 2 years and I can start the PR process after 6 months. They will include my partner and children on the visa.

Does that sound ok?

The "health screen" they mentioned...........I assume this is the medical by panel doctors????
Is it just me or do the whole family have to do it?
Do I book it myself?
Are there forms I need for the medical? Where do I get them from?
Do I send them to Oz or do the docs send them?

Should I be getting the medical done now or wait until after the interview?

Help on the 457 process for nurses would be great.

Jackie
xxxxxx
Hi All,
Well I was told I need a TRN as I am being sponsered by an Australian sponser, however I was given an approval number last week but it wouldn't allow me to go any further with the application, so I just have to wait for the number. Sorry Hitchcock, you seem alarmed, I am not sure about all the different categories, you would need to check it out..
Jackie hi, I am a nurse also being sponsered on temp 457 visa.
I have been recruited through a company who got me a job at a hospital. Basically have your interview and once they offer you a job the process wil start.
They should provide information regarding everything for you, but if not if you go to the immigration website you will find all the info there. Alos you will have to get registered with nursing board in the state you are working in if you haven't already done so.
All the family will need medicals and x rays if they are going to be working in or attending a hospital or school and you will also need blood tests. You will organise these yourself through a panel doctor and will have to pay for them. Again these are on the immigration site.You normally wait until instructed to go for them, so you will have to check that out. You download the health forms and take them with you when you go for your medical and the doctors send them onto Australia.
Jackie go to the australian immigration website and go to the section for nurses and doctors then you will find the link for the 457 temporary buisness visa. If I can help any further just ask
Regards
May

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.