who applying 457 thread

Old Jan 5th 2009, 4:14 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by RenShen
Well fingers crossed that it works out for you
Thank you, its about time I had a bit of luck!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:02 am
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

can anyone help to clarify something. I will be on a sponsored 457. The nomination has been approved but, although a longer period was requested, it seems to indicate only 12 months:

VALIDITY OF THE NOMINATION:
This approval is valid for:
- 12 months from the date of this document; or
- when the visa is granted to the nominated employee; or
- when the sponsorship ceases to have effect.

could anyone help to clarify the above. I would have thought there may have been something like "whichever is the sooner" or words to that effect. Or am I missing something?

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

This is how long the employers nomination of you remains valid for. ie how long you have to apply for the actual visa.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

anchorman632 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Our visa application has gone in.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Our visa application has gone in.
CONGRATULATIONS!! Does it mean that your application has been lodged or you got the visa? Cheers!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

what is the current processing time for a 457 visa? (from application lodged to visa grant)

cheers,
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks caliburn, its just because our application has been lodged. It has been a long and rocky road to get this far with the original verbal job offer being made October 2007.

Hopefully the visa will be approved within a few days.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Kookypie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by guiguioz
hi there,

what is the current processing time for a 457 visa? (from application lodged to visa grant)

cheers,
Hi,

My application was lodged at the end of August and Visa granted on the 24th November! Superfast service!

We are tying up loose ends here and hope to be in Melbourne in Febuary.

Good luck to everyone who is in the process...know it can be frustrating but is well worth it in the end x
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

AMCD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I am in a bit of dilemma here now. I accepted a job at the a University in Australia and they told me they would take care of all visa arrangements so I thought no more of it.

I am due to fly from Ireland on Jan 25th so I have been in contact looking for information on my visa and they went to check the status and they said it had been approved but were told that I also needed to apply on this side which is the first I have been told of it. I guess I should have checked this out but didn't as they never said anything about it.

How long will this take????? Can I speed it up by doing anything??
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy_dassie is an unknown quantity at this point

just posted this on your other thread

hi, I put in an application for my 457 visa on the 18 november and had a case officer by the 24, i submitted my chest x-ray (which is all you should need on the medical side working in a university and if you're going for more than 12 months). I had this booked as soon as I submitted my application. Anyway, meds done on the 20th november. cleared on the 10 december (takes a week to get there and checked). unfortunately my grant was delayed for whatever reason (until I emailed and prompted them) so my 457 grant was on Jan 5th. Though I have seen on this forum some people have their visa granted the day of or after their medicals are cleared.

So it might take about 4 weeks (minimum - which is what they quote on the DIAC website). The good news is the visa is electronic so no need to wait for a stamp in the passport...you might be hard pushed to get one by Jan 25th with needing an xray and having it cleared?

There might be another alternative, but I'm not sure, someone else may have some advice? I'm surprised they didn't send you information regarding your part of the application, thats a bit unfair. I've just taken a job at the university of Ballarat and they were pretty helpful.

Maybe you could phone DIAC (i think its expensive), but they might be able to help? I hope you manage to get this sorted, it must be a worry if you have a flight booked?

I really hope you get something sorted, keep us updated?

Fluff x
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

We frontloaded our meds and as it is an online application the panel doctors (manchester) have been holding onto our details until our application was submitted and we appeared on the system.

The visa application has now gone in and I can find our details on the immi site but the panel doctors are saying that we still don't apear on their system so they cant send the meds details in!!!!!

I have emailed our agent so hopefully will have a reply on Sunday night.

I am assuming that immi needs to put me on the system for the doctor to do his bit?? If no joy from the agent I will phone immi myself to see what can be done.

The agent advised that our application would only take a few days. We have booked flights for 22nd January so I am hoping he is right. If no visa by that date we will fly on a tourist visa.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

We frontloaded our meds and as it is an online application the panel doctors (manchester) have been holding onto our details until our application was submitted and we appeared on the system.

The visa application has now gone in and I can find our details on the immi site but the panel doctors are saying that we still don't apear on their system so they cant send the meds details in!!!!!

I have emailed our agent so hopefully will have a reply on Sunday night.

I am assuming that immi needs to put me on the system for the doctor to do his bit?? If no joy from the agent I will phone immi myself to see what can be done.

The agent advised that our application would only take a few days. We have booked flights for 22nd January so I am hoping he is right. If no visa by that date we will fly on a tourist visa.
your doctor can send them on with passport no on them they will then get matched up when they get them

we did our meds 2 days before we got our ref nos all the doctor did was add passport no's on to them and they got matched up after they cleared sydney

i know others that have front loaded them this way
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Bhavz is an unknown quantity at this point

HI.

It seems that from reading this thread you can "front load" your meds, if this be true would it also apply for those of us transferring from a 417WHV to a 457 one?

Assistance is greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bhavz
HI.

It seems that from reading this thread you can "front load" your meds, if this be true would it also apply for those of us transferring from a 417WHV to a 457 one?

Assistance is greatly appreciated.
i think you can front loaded any meds - however make sure you are ready to apply as well you have any pcc if needed available and all docs that you require so that the co has everything in front of him/her to make the discission

best of luck

hitchcock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.