who applying 457 thread

Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Hi I have just had an offer over the phone from a firm who want to employ me to start at end of Jan 09. Due to a change in circumsatnces I now need them to sponsor me. They have not sponsored anyone before. Is there any where I can easily find a summary of what they and I need to do and the timescales? I am worried because I know that even before I submit the application the delays are likely to be long as - am I right in thinking - my current employer has to fill in a part of my application and my future employer also does? Both are big firms and it has taken the Oz firm almost three months to decide to offer me a job and the thought of asking my current employer to help is awful as they are so slow to do anything.

Does anyone have any thoughts or been in same situation? There is a lot of advice on timings after you submit the 457 but can anyone help with the process before that?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

do a search on google "457" you will come to the immi site and it will tell you about the visa - sorry cant help any further
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill.../sbs/index.htm

have a look here x
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

NickSuzy is an unknown quantity at this point

A very good morning to everyone who reads this thread, today as of this morning our 457 has been approved and i am so very very excited.

Applied for on the 4th Spetember and received on the 18th September (RESULT)

Cheers Nick
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: who applying 457 thread

Guess what?
I got mine too! Congrats to all who have theres and Good luck to all those still waiting!
Oh my god, it's so exciting!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:14 am
Just Joined

NickSuzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to everyone who got theres today

Nick
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

fellows3078 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you both!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stubbieholder31
Guess what?
I got mine too! Congrats to all who have theres and Good luck to all those still waiting!
Oh my god, it's so exciting!
So pleased you've got it at last!! Congrats.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:14 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice

hi,
my employer has just completed the sponsorship forms and has given me a 10 digit reference number, i can't seem to use this for my visa app, is it the nomination number i need?

will she get this as soon as she's applied for the nomination part?

does anyone know?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the well wishes. Don't know what to do next
So much to sort out, I feel very overwhelmed
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

rh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nicerh8463 is just really nice

I needed the nomination approval number that I got after my employer got their nomination approval for me.

Congrats Stubbie!

Just for the record everyone, I moved to Canada 2 and a half years ago for exactly the same type of job and contract and so equivalent visa and it wasnt nearly as complicated! This is stressing me out!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by velma
Hi I have just had an offer over the phone from a firm who want to employ me to start at end of Jan 09. Due to a change in circumsatnces I now need them to sponsor me. They have not sponsored anyone before. Is there any where I can easily find a summary of what they and I need to do and the timescales? I am worried because I know that even before I submit the application the delays are likely to be long as - am I right in thinking - my current employer has to fill in a part of my application and my future employer also does? Both are big firms and it has taken the Oz firm almost three months to decide to offer me a job and the thought of asking my current employer to help is awful as they are so slow to do anything.

Does anyone have any thoughts or been in same situation? There is a lot of advice on timings after you submit the 457 but can anyone help with the process before that?
Hiya Velma

My OH has had a job offer from Brisbane. The nomination and sponsorship have been approved. We have lodged the application for the 475 and, no, we haven't had to ask his current UK employer to complete any part of any form...infact they don't actually 'officially' know he has applied for a visa to move to Australia!! The paperwork that the employer in Oz had to complete is (I believe) quite involved. My OH's Oz employer moaned all the way through completing it, even asked our agent if there was an easier way. The paperwork took him over 2 weeks to complete and just under 2 weeks for the nomination and sponsorship to be granted by Sydney!! We have just completed our meds and need to get our police checks done...then we wait!!

Hope this helps.

regards Angela
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about

Thanks so much for your reply! That is very helpful - still not heard anything from them following my request by email to sponsor me that I sent last week - well if it took them four months to interview me and offer me the job....

I had thought that I had seen on teh form a section where the current employer has to attach a reference on headed paper with dates of employment etc? I would far prefer not to have to ask anyone at my current employment to provide a reference - I have been far too focussed on Oz and the future to be at my best!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by velma
Thanks so much for your reply! That is very helpful - still not heard anything from them following my request by email to sponsor me that I sent last week - well if it took them four months to interview me and offer me the job....

I had thought that I had seen on teh form a section where the current employer has to attach a reference on headed paper with dates of employment etc? I would far prefer not to have to ask anyone at my current employment to provide a reference - I have been far too focussed on Oz and the future to be at my best!!!
My husband had to get a reference from his current employer, just as you said above.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Just heard from the agent about our application, he said he'd had a positive conversation with our case officer today and that the visa could be approved by the end of the week. Oh I do hope he's right I've no nails left as it is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.