who applying 457 thread

Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Thanks Angela, but now I am REALLY confused. I had been told by an immigration agent that I WON'T need to get my skills accessed for a RSMS visa, as immigration themselves decide.
Why do some people need police checks for the 457 visa, and other don't??
Hiya pumpkin blossom

You could be right...things are changing all the time. We were originally going to apply on 457 then RSMS, our Immigration Agent told us we wouldn't have to have skills assessment done for 457 but would for RSMS (so we just got them done immediately), that was November last year. As it is, my OH has accepted a job non-regionally (Brisbane area) therefore we are currently applying for a 457 to just get him downunder, we were then going to apply for an ENS once over there (but that would mean waiting for over a year to apply for it) so we opted to start a visa application for a 175 on my qualifications now.

Good luck figuring out this whole thing!!! There is a very knowledgable agent who reads these forums who has been very very helpful to me through this process and been able to give me better advice than I have paid my agent a lot of money for! So if he is reading this, perhaps he can better advise you!!!

regards Angela
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BearFamily
Hiya Dom,

Read somewhere the other day that at the moment it costs £10 from your "local constabulary", however, it is in the process of being changed to having apply to the ACPO (whatever that is) and it will cost £35 and it could be changed any day...therefore, lots of people are opting for the £35 deal because they may be told any day that, after the the £10 option, that it is no good and they will have to apply for the £35 option....make any sense???

regards Angela
It is £35 and takes up to 10 days to process or £70 and processed in 2 days. We paid an extra £5 each to get another copy. I know it's an insane amount of money for it, but I just wanted them back asap so we can get this application lodged, things are dragging on and on! The second copy is for our PR application.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Global-151 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Domenic
I am sure I read the ACPO check is £35 per person?

Can Anyone Clarify.

Cheers

Dom
The Police forces around the UK are trying to centralise this process rather than going to each individual constablury.

Details can be found at
http://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q542.htm
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I had read that web page, which says:

By law these checks have to be done in a maximum of 40 days. The cost of one of these types of checks varies from Police Force Area to Area, but is usually around £10.

So that will be why I thought it was £10. It still says you should apply to your local police. Very confusing.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Thanks, I had read that web page, which says:

By law these checks have to be done in a maximum of 40 days. The cost of one of these types of checks varies from Police Force Area to Area, but is usually around £10.

So that will be why I thought it was £10. It still says you should apply to your local police. Very confusing.
I read it that the relevent part for an Australian (amongst others) application is the bold text:-

* * Important update **

There is a new scheme for anyone requiring a visa (residential, working or tourist) or wishing to emigrate to one of the 4 following Countries:

AUSTRALIA; CANADA; NEW ZEALAND; UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

If this affects you (if not ignore the rest of this paragraph), you will require a a new form called a Police Certificate. Guidance notes and an application form can be obtained from the following Web Address www.acpo.police.uk or you can contact the ACPO Criminal Records Office ( ACRO) on 0845 60 13 999 during our office opening hours (8:30-16:30) Monday to Friday or email: [email protected] . This pilot programme has been accepted by the Embassies concerned and is likely to become permanent later in 2008.

the remainder of the text is for applicants not going to the above countries (again by my reading).

After hunting around the www.acpo.police.uk web site for a while I found the form here

http://www.acpo.police.uk/Certificat...20Form%207.doc

which details the fees as mentioned by another poster :-
Standard Service - £35.00 (10 working days)
Premium Service - £70.00 ( 2 working days)
Additional Copy (ies) £5.00 each
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Global-151
As per my signature....

24 May Application received - Processing commenced
13 Jun Medicals Finalised
17 Jun Visa Approved
31 Jul Fly to Melbourne

If you add the 10 Days for my employer completing their element it took about a month, although I also think the date your employer lists as being youre start with them has some bearing on the final appproval date.
Hi, i just have a quick question. How long does it take for DIAC to finalise your medicals from the moment they receive it? Thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jpen29
Hi, i just have a quick question. How long does it take for DIAC to finalise your medicals from the moment they receive it? Thanks
We had ours on the Thu 5th of June they where posted (by the clinic) Friday 6th, arrived Monday 9th and where finalised Friday 13th (not so unlucky after all)
Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

sharkiebites will become famous soon enoughsharkiebites will become famous soon enough

Hi all
just been basically offered a job

wot now ??? i was just testing the water wasnt expecting a reply so quick !!!

im waiting for a 175 (lodged april but bloody paper) looks like going to be december or january , would you all expect me to get a 457 long before this ??? is it worth it ?
wots the next step ive got all the paperwork for the 175 !!
havnt done meds or police yet
is the first stage down to the company ??

hope someone can help
cheers
chris
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Domenic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SHARKIEBITES,
Your correct, the company firstly has to apply to be a sponsor, and meet the requirements laid down by DIAC for that.

It then nominates a position to be filled, this has approved also.

They can then nominate you as a person for that positio/job, You will obviously require meds and police checks, whithin this process.

Some large companies my already be registered sponsors, if so thats the first stage sorted.

Try booklet 11 on DIAC website, http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1154.pdf

Also here is a link from the DIAC website, givign an overview of the 457.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill.../sbs/index.htm

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Dom
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

sharkiebites will become famous soon enoughsharkiebites will become famous soon enough

cheers dom
the company have mentioned they have sponsored before so first step might be done fingers crossed

cheers chris
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

thought i would bump this up again as it doesn't look like its been used for a while

how is everyone ?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Domenic is an unknown quantity at this point

Application lodged 30/06/08
Visa Approved 31/07/08

Just getting flights sorted now, anyone spotted any good deals?

Cheers

Dom
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
thought i would bump this up again as it doesn't look like its been used for a while

how is everyone ?
Hi,

can i ask how long it takes to get the approval letter in post?...my 457visa was approved on 4Aug..i got email confirmation same day..and online status changed too...but i still havent received the approval letter in post..do they mail those these days or is email enough?..
also wana know how shuld i stamp the passport...does AU embassy require written approval letter for stamping or shuld i just print emails and send passports over
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

the email letter is your official letter so congratulations on getting your visa - you can use your letter to fly to au and then get your visa label put in your passport when you arrive here - at an immi office
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by slippery30
Hi,

can i ask how long it takes to get the approval letter in post?...my 457visa was approved on 4Aug..i got email confirmation same day..and online status changed too...but i still havent received the approval letter in post..do they mail those these days or is email enough?..
also wana know how shuld i stamp the passport...does AU embassy require written approval letter for stamping or shuld i just print emails and send passports over
Hi I got here 12 days ago and as odd as it sounds you dont need the Visa in the passport you just go to the check in desk they swipe your passport and all the details come up on the screen.

When you get here you go to the local IMMI office and they stamp youre passport. Were gong tomorrow to do this. Ill let you know hw it goes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.