who applying 457 thread

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Hitchcock...

I think you are confused with TRN & TRA???

The TRN number is generated automatically (and instantly I think) if your employer makes their 457 application electronically. It basically just a reference number to identify the application.

Ask your employer for the TRN number they got/will get when they do their application.

When you make your application, you need to enter this TRN number from your employer - so that Immi can tie up teh two applications.

I think you are confused with TRA - which is part of the skills assesment for 136 visas etc - which yes do take a long while.

Calm Down!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Hitchcock...

I think you are confused with TRN & TRA???

The TRN number is generated automatically (and instantly I think) if your employer makes their 457 application electronically. It basically just a reference number to identify the application.

Ask your employer for the TRN number they got/will get when they do their application.

When you make your application, you need to enter this TRN number from your employer - so that Immi can tie up teh two applications.

I think you are confused with TRA - which is part of the skills assesment for 136 visas etc - which yes do take a long while.

Calm Down!

funny you telling me to calm down

just had a panic moment

forgive me
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Rob D is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

This is my first post, so please be nice.

I too have also applied for my 457 electronically. I applied on June 8 and LCU received my x-rays on July 3. I have just checked the status online and it has come up with "Further medical results referred", does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

Rob
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob D
Hi

I too have also applied for my 457 electronically. I applied on June 8 and LCU received my x-rays on July 3. I have just checked the status online and it has come up with "Further medical results referred", does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

Rob
no i dont know sorry

but welcome to the 457 thread and to be

we are a friendly bunch really xx
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rob D
Hi

Thanks

Rob
Sorry, another don't know.

But ours went from "meds rec'd" to "meds finalised" after quite some time.

Would assume by the "referred" that they're looking in to them further, but this is only a guess. Someone else may be along later with a proper answer for you.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
funny you telling me to calm down

just had a panic moment

forgive me
I am calm..

We are going away this weekend just to see/talk about something different than beeping Oz. The family has a caravan in Yorkshire Dales.

I'm just waiting for the Estate Agent to phone at 4:55 saying somebody wants to view - I'll give 'em the key and they can let themselves in.

BTW - Our company said they had an e-mail today from Immi saying that the processing time is 6 weeks. I just hope that is 6 weeks from application - not 6 weeks from today!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough

I am calm..

We are going away this weekend just to see/talk about something different than beeping Oz. The family has a caravan in Yorkshire Dales.

I'm just waiting for the Estate Agent to phone at 4:55 saying somebody wants to view - I'll give 'em the key and they can let themselves in.

BTW - Our company said they had an e-mail today from Immi saying that the processing time is 6 weeks. I just hope that is 6 weeks from application - not 6 weeks from today!
I presume they are saying 6 wks for your fast track app, not generally or for everyone, cos i'm at 10 wks today or it does mean 6 wks from now
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by boyz119
I presume they are saying 6 wks for your fast track app, not generally or for everyone, cos i'm at 10 wks today or it does mean 6 wks from now
The statement I'm given on the e-mail is..."Got notification today that the processing time is six weeks by which time I should hear from an immigration officer"

That's it...6 weeks total or 6 weeks from now - they don't seam to be panicing so I'm assuming 6 weeks from application.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

The statement I'm given on the e-mail is..."Got notification today that the processing time is six weeks by which time I should hear from an immigration officer"

That's it...6 weeks total or 6 weeks from now - they don't seam to be panicing so I'm assuming 6 weeks from application.
how long ago did you apply x
hitch
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
how long ago did you apply x
hitch
E Application 6/7
X-Rays done 13/7
X-Rays Finalised 20/7
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Maizie
Hi Everyone,
Thought I would join in the chat after reading all your comments. Well at least you have all applied for your visas I am still waiting two months later after being offered a job for the b****y TRN number!!!!!!!!. I have been told that there is a huge delay with the Brisbane office and am just praying I get that number assap to apply for the visa.
I have sold my house and will be out at the end of the month and the removals are booked, it's all turning out to be a bit of a nightmare!!!!
Good luck to all of you waiting patiently for your 457 hope you get them soon.
May
HI May
Im in the same boat.It took 10wks to get my TRN from Brisbane but medicals and xrays happened the following week.Hope you hear something soon.

Welcome to the site
Sharon
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

oldhampom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
new to the thread and forum, got a job offer on Monday, new employer wants me there by end October, just starting the 457 app, absolutely terrified

Dave
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by oldhampom
Hi all
new to the thread and forum, got a job offer on Monday, new employer wants me there by end October, just starting the 457 app, absolutely terrified

Dave
Welcome to the best place on the web. I started on here about 6 weeks ago, now its like an old friend.

Yes at first its a very hard decision, but now we are in to the process there's no way I'm going back. Although I'm doing an intra-company transfer from our UK office to Sydney office (I work for a Japanese company), its like Oz office have nicked me.

Actually, we had a director over from Japan this week, and he almost begged me to stop at the UK office. No Way!

All I want now is my 457 - it seams to be taking about 8 weeks at the moment though some are quicker and some are much longer.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:29 pm
Maizie

Maizie is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the best place on the web. I started on here about 6 weeks ago, now its like an old friend.

Yes at first its a very hard decision, but now we are in to the process there's no way I'm going back. Although I'm doing an intra-company transfer from our UK office to Sydney office (I work for a Japanese company), its like Oz office have nicked me.

Actually, we had a director over from Japan this week, and he almost begged me to stop at the UK office. No Way!

All I want now is my 457 - it seams to be taking about 8 weeks at the moment though some are quicker and some are much longer.
Hi All,
I would just like to say how great it is to read all your chat about the 457, good to know that your not alone..... Sharon thanks for the info, must be almost 10 weeks since I have been waiting, hopefully hear something next week. You have all cheered me up no end and hope fully I will have some good news to post soon.
Have a good weekend everyone
MAy x
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: who applying 457 thread

hey May
dont be too worried by what you read.medicals done and xray last week and they have all been received by immigration within 4 days will keep you posted when i get visa.by the way Where r u going

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.