British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   where is welsh tony (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/where-welsh-tony-357443/)

robos Feb 24th 2006 10:01 pm

where is welsh tony

Just wondering where Tony was? his advice has been invaluable to an awful lot of people on here more than once, come on Tony dont let the odd small minded person stop you posting good advice to people who need it, please...............

Jan + Gary.

orange& Feb 24th 2006 10:02 pm

Re: where is welsh tony

Originally Posted by robos
Just wondering where Tony was? his advice has been invaluable to an awful lot of people on here more than once, come on Tony dont let the odd small minded person stop you posting good advice to people who need it, please...............

Jan + Gary.

Yeah, come on down welshie me boy

Cheetah7 Feb 24th 2006 10:05 pm

Jan + Gary.

Who upset him? :(

robos Feb 24th 2006 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Who upset him? :(

someone on here reported him to DIMIA for posting details of how long each region was taking to process visa applications. Shame that because he was a mine of very usefull information.
Lacey knows the real reason, sure its along those lines though!

Carruss Feb 24th 2006 10:19 pm

someone on here reported him to DIMIA for posting details of how long each region was taking to process visa applications. Shame that because he was a mine of very usefull information.

I just saw a post by a swiss tony, why not give him a go instead!

R.

Cheetah7 Feb 24th 2006 10:19 pm

He was very helpful and seemed to have alot of knowledge.

Who would do that???

robos Feb 24th 2006 10:26 pm

Who knows PP, there are a small minority of people always willing to upset the majority because they have some axe to grind, I for one would love him to start posting on here again!
Jan

Carruss Feb 24th 2006 10:29 pm

Who knows PP, there are a small minority of people always willing to upset the majority because they have some axe to grind, I for one would love him to start posting on here again!
Jan

Have you tried to PM or email him?

R.

Cheetah7 Feb 24th 2006 10:30 pm

Jan

I wonder what DIMA would have done?

God I wouldnt upset DIMA, but then I wouldnt report someone either.

He always seemed to know so much, I thought he was or had worked as an agent.

Very helpful to alot of people, myself included.

robos Feb 24th 2006 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Carruss
Have you tried to PM or email him?

R.

havent tried to pm him because didnt really need any advice from him but just thought he was valuable to this site as he really does help people

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=welsh+tony

jan xx

Jonahs_mummy Feb 25th 2006 7:15 am

Jan + Gary.

I emailed him to ask where he was hiding, & got the reply "I have given away the Expats as the ASPC were not happy that I had highlighted the discrepancies in processing times between the 5 regional teams."

Hope that answers your question - to be honest... I am absolutely gutted - he was a great guy! :(

phoenixinoz Feb 25th 2006 7:16 am

havent tried to pm him because didnt really need any advice from him but just thought he was valuable to this site as he really does help people

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=welsh+tony

jan xx

Welsh Tony was a good bloke and an excellent Migration Agent. He gave out sound advice without an air of perceived self importance. He was extremely helpful without having the need to constantly refer you to the DIMIA site ......or a booklet of some sort or another.

This site needs people like Tony. His advice is invaluable, especially to those who are going through the stressful roller coaster ride of emigration. He was great for offering advice, rather than putting more hurdles forward.

Unfortunately, Tony has suffered as a result of "tall poppy syndrome". Standing out from the crowd did him no favours.

I and many others wish WT all the best. I hope he returns some day in the future.

lacey21 Feb 25th 2006 8:44 am

He's alive and well and watching. lol
Sometimes it is better that way.

hugs Lace x

lacey21 Feb 25th 2006 8:44 am

for the minute......

amanda76 Feb 25th 2006 9:37 am

yes sound bloke, and was impartial with his advice and support! when we were all moaning and groaning (and still are lol)

goodluck tony, its a shame small minded people couldnt keep their noses to themselves, i would love to know who it was............ but then i have my own suspicions!!!!!.............................

mand:)