Where to stay in Adelaide

Old Jun 30th 2002, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

bleggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to stay in Adelaide

Hi Ed

Sorry, but I don't think I know enough about the subject to comment on the crime rate. There are a few what we would consider 'dodgy' areas towards Elizabeth etc but I don't know if this has any affect.

Mark
Old Jun 30th 2002, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

sharonfryer is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ED

The reason we decided on Adelaide was the fact it seems smaller and less rushed than NSW. Have a pen friend out there who gave us loads of good advice about the place and the fact that it is so family friendly. Also South Australia have a meet and greet service for emmigrating people to help you as soon as you arrive in the country.

Hope our visa arrives now we have invested so much time on it .

Good luck with yours

sharon
Old Jul 1st 2002, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you tell me more about the meet and greet service.
Colin
Old Jul 2nd 2002, 5:20 am
Ed

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the information, I am planning a trip to ADL sometime in late Aug02. I
would like to have thing setted b4 we get in. Renting seems to be a good option for
now. I guess being there and looking for good place to stay would be the best thing
to do. Well if any one of you have some good ideas pls post them, it would help
people like me going to ADL. I'm sure there are lots of you going to be going to
ADL.......... Thanks a lot

ED

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

sharonfryer is an unknown quantity at this point

SA Meet and Greet service

The SA gov want migrants so much so that they have set up the only meet and greet service run by any state in AU.

All info can be found on

www.immigration.sa.gov.au

and it should explain everything. The general idea is that they can help you find rented accommodation ready for you on arrival. Someone in the know to meet you at the airport and get you to this accommodation. Help you orientated the first couple of days ie shopping post office etc. I think the houses they rent are fairly basic but i belive don't quote me that they may be subsidised for a while. Max stay is 3 months but enought to get you started. My pen friend used this service and thought it was great.

I e-mailed the lady in charge of this programme and she sent back alot of info and said that as soon as the visa arrived to contact her again and she would do all she could to help.

Hope this helps

regards

sharon
Old Jul 4th 2002, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info, keep us posted as to how you get on with the meet and greet service.
Colin