Where to start advice.

Old Nov 8th 2018, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

LinziBlair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to start advice.

Hi everyone!

I know this probably gets asked alot! I have been reading through loads of posts (and will continue to read them) there is so much information!
My husband and i (and 2kids) are looking to make the move to oz from scotland! Ive been reading loads online etc and still i dont feel i know where to start.

I am 31 and a registered nurse working in ICU (have been qualified over 6years) my hubby is 27 and been a joiner for 5years. I have tried the online points assessment and i think i score 65 without the IELTS test ( i dont mind paying to do it to increase our points). I was scoring 65 with my husband on it as a dependent.

Do we do separate visas or do i put him on as a dependant, or do i go onto his as a dependent ? Is it better to get an independent skills visa or a nominated one (we dont have any family over there).

are we better to use an agent? (can anyone recommend any)
I have loads of questions, so any help/advice/sites to visit etc would be much appreciated

thanks!
Old Nov 8th 2018, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

J___Mcewan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to start advice.

Originally Posted by LinziBlair
Hi everyone!

I know this probably gets asked alot! I have been reading through loads of posts (and will continue to read them) there is so much information!
My husband and i (and 2kids) are looking to make the move to oz from scotland! Ive been reading loads online etc and still i dont feel i know where to start.

I am 31 and a registered nurse working in ICU (have been qualified over 6years) my hubby is 27 and been a joiner for 5years. I have tried the online points assessment and i think i score 65 without the IELTS test ( i dont mind paying to do it to increase our points). I was scoring 65 with my husband on it as a dependent.

Do we do separate visas or do i put him on as a dependant, or do i go onto his as a dependent ? Is it better to get an independent skills visa or a nominated one (we dont have any family over there).

I have loads of questions, so any help/advice/sites to visit etc would be much appreciated

thanks!
If you are degree qualified, then best you include him as your partner on your skilled visa. 189 you will need to do an ielts or similar test to gain more points (not sure what the requirement is for a nurse), however, you would qualify for the 190 state sponsorship visa, given you have 65 points.

Personally i would just do the application myself, providing it is a straight forward application (no criminal record etc). Not sure how difficult the skills assessment is for a nurse as well.

You will need a skills assessment as mentioned, to be able to launch your eoi, not sure who assesses your skills as a nurse, somebody else can advise you on that.

pretty much:

skills assessment
ielts if u want to do the 189 visa

and if everything else adds up, you can launch your eoi and await an invite to apply.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 8:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

thanks!
You will need a skills assessment from ANMAC, for which you will need to do IELTS (I think its the academic one).
You also need to read up on AHPRA as they are the registration body for nursing in Australia.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

When you are applying for the Skilled visas you would select one person to be the primary applicant and the other members of the family unit, partner and dependent children can be included within the application. Choosing which applicant to put forward as the main applicant can depend on your circumstances and preferences e.g. points, costs, assessments etc.

If you are looking for the security of permanent residence then (depending upon the wider circumstances) the Independent Skills visas are usually the preferred option. Most Employer Nominated options would commence with a temporary visa.

If you decide that you would like professional assistance please feel free to contact me at our business email below.