Wikiposts

Where do we start?

Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Dreckly is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Where do we start?

I'm wondering if there's any advice you could give us on how to go about what seems a mammoth task for my family to emigrate to Aussie? I read in one online booklet that you have to be under 45 to apply, which counts hubby out but I dont know if that's the end of it or if we can still apply. It also appears that you have to apply under a particular employment category, or could we just get ourselves out there somehow and then sort out employment? It all seems a bit complicated and confusing - any pointers would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we start?

Originally Posted by Dreckly
I'm wondering if there's any advice you could give us on how to go about what seems a mammoth task for my family to emigrate to Aussie? I read in one online booklet that you have to be under 45 to apply, which counts hubby out but I dont know if that's the end of it or if we can still apply. It also appears that you have to apply under a particular employment category, or could we just get ourselves out there somehow and then sort out employment? It all seems a bit complicated and confusing - any pointers would be much appreciated.
I'd start here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreckly

The best advice really is for you to speak with a migration agent, checking that they are MARA registered. They will be able to tell you what chance you have and also which visa's you need to be looking at.

What do you and your hubby do for a living?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:40 am
Just Joined

Dreckly is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thanks for the advice.