Where do I start? 3rd year student nurse

Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where do I start? 3rd year student nurse

Where do I start? I am currently in my 3rd year and I have no idea where to start?

I would like to move to Perth or Brisbane, although my husband has a company in Sydney, but the expense of houses puts me off. We have 3 children aged 10, 6 and 6 and I am 31. I would like to be able to move out to Australia very soon rather than later, because my daughter will be at the age where she would not want to move or disrupt her secondary school.

I have read we need to do an ILETS? Can this be done before im qualified, because I have lost all my GCSE certifcates in moves. I am not sure how else I could prove I studied in England.

I would rather go down the permenant visa route, because a friend of mine said we would have to pay school fees otherwise. This is something we will not be able to afford. We are thinking of keeping our house available for rent in the UK.

If you could give me any ideas on how I can get the ball rolling or at least which path I should be taking and when.

Many thanks,
Old Oct 7th 2010, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do I start? 3rd year student nurse

You need to start by working out do you qualify for a visa. Third year student nurses don't as far as I know, I thought you would need at least 12 months work experience. Best place to ask would be the nurses forum if nobody clarifies here. You will need to do an IELTs in due course if you are the main applicant but no point worrying about that now.

If you moved to Sydney on a company transfer (for OH) then you could be on a temporary visa and you would have to pay for schooling in NSW.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 11:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel659

Where do I start? I am currently in my 3rd year and I have no idea where to start?

I would like to move to Perth or Brisbane, although my husband has a company in Sydney, but the expense of houses puts me off. We have 3 children aged 10, 6 and 6 and I am 31. I would like to be able to move out to Australia very soon rather than later, because my daughter will be at the age where she would not want to move or disrupt her secondary school.

I have read we need to do an ILETS? Can this be done before im qualified, because I have lost all my GCSE certifcates in moves. I am not sure how else I could prove I studied in England.

I would rather go down the permenant visa route, because a friend of mine said we would have to pay school fees otherwise. This is something we will not be able to afford. We are thinking of keeping our house available for rent in the UK.

If you could give me any ideas on how I can get the ball rolling or at least which path I should be taking and when.

Many thanks,
On what basis did your husband open a business in Sydney? Is he Australian? Did/does he have a business skills visa? Have you looked into business skills visas?

Anyway, your first port of call should be www.immi.gov.au to see what visas you may qualify for. If you find it too confusing (which many do) it may be worth a few bob for a consultation with a MARA registered migration agent.

As Bermudashorts said, third year student nurses don't qualify for PR. You need to be qualified and have experience to get a PR visa.

As for your other points, take a look at the cost of housing in other cities before deciding that Sydney is not for you. Housing in Perth is rediculously expensive, as is Brisbane's nicer suburbs. Australia is by no means cheap. You can also look into schooling issues by visiting the websites of the states' education departments you are thinking of moving to. As far as I know only NSW and ACT require temp residents to pay for schooling.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 5:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel659

Many thanks,
As Dorothy says, if your husband has a business in Sydney, does he already have a visa? If so, you could always look at a Spouse Visa for yourself if you don't qualify on skills grounds.