Wikiposts

When to put house on the market ?

Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:25 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: When to put house on the market ?

Originally Posted by lacey21
Why have hindsight if you can't use it, thats what I say lol

good luck to everyone

Lace x
Spot on, Lace...

Making your own mistake and learning from it... that's called experience.....
Observing someone else's mistake and learning from it... that's called wisdom..!!

All the best with your wisdom..!

RT.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers RT, Seen too many things go wrong when my sister was going over. So, I have set up the bank accounts ( who cares about the exchange rate, you win some you lose some, you make money you lose money every day),
I have looked at house prices, I have done the decorating in a neutral tone, (boring but give the public what they want, I have had my time living here), ordered boxes, (more than I need, my sister didn't have enough then ran out of time to order more). So all the mistakes more or less my sister made I can capitalise on and make sure my family and I don't make the same ones.

I have three sisters over there 2 in Redcliffe and one in Perth so I also have hindsight with tax issues, work, driving, housing when we get there and I also have the Luxury to chose where I live without pressure.

I feel I have done the right thing and putting the house on the market before we get the visa seems right now too. (you don't have to exchange until you want to, thats what I have learned from this site).

Just need the visa now and hopefully, if I don't crack up before then, there are around 8 weeks away.

Big hugs Lace x
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

All the best with your life down under, you have waited long enough
hugs Lace xx
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:19 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

All the best with your life down under, you have waited long enough
hugs Lace xx
Good on ya, Lace

Good luck with everything - not that you'll need it: it sounds like you're on top of the game..!!

Enjoy..!!
RT.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cheers ears

have a good time getting to Aus and a better one when you get there

hugs Lace x
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:59 am
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute

cheers ears

have a good time getting to Aus and a better one when you get there

hugs Lace x
Lace you seen this website http://www.houseprices.co.uk you can put your post code in and it shows you historical details of house sales in your street.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers for that Mick will have a look

hugs L
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:05 am
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle
At what stage did people put there house on market in UK?

Going to need to sell before we leave from a financial point of view - obviously there is no timeline for house sales, Propertys worth approx £150k and should sell no problem in the area that we live.
If you do get a buyer can you specify when you will vacate?

Any tips of your experiences would be most welcome!
Hi there,

We are in the process of applying for my Hubby;s spouse visa, but after joining this forum and seeing some hard luck stories, we put our house on the market back in June 2005. We didn't have many viewers but we did sell for £2K under asking price in September, exchanged and completed quickly and moved into rented accomodation in November (when i was 38 weeks pregnant!!).

I have to say, we have found renting useful for a number of reasons - we got rid of lots of junk and our buyers did buy a lot of our furniture which was good. We also chose a house closer to family and friends which has made our last few months here easier (so far!) as we've seen my hubby's family much more than we would have had we still be in our old place and also we live in a totally different style house which has helped us decide likes and dislikes for our new place in Australia. We also now know we can go as soon as hubby's visa is granted and he works his notice and we don't watch the news nightly for any horror predictions about the housing market, which was one of the stressful things about having the house on the market.

One thing to bear in mind about renting is that in most cases you need to take on a 6 month lease.

Good luck with the sale and visa process!

Michelle