Wikiposts

When to apply for PCC and medicals

Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to apply for PCC and medicals

I want to understand what is the right time to apply for Police check and medicals. Is it like you can go ahead and apply for these once you have lodged your application or is it like some case officer is assigned and when he requests then you go ahead and apply for these.

For the police check I guess the application should be lodged to the australian federal police, so what do they actually check.

People who have carried out these steps can share their valuable experiences.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to apply for PCC and medicals

Originally Posted by krishnaecetech
I want to understand what is the right time to apply for Police check and medicals. Is it like you can go ahead and apply for these once you have lodged your application or is it like some case officer is assigned and when he requests then you go ahead and apply for these.

For the police check I guess the application should be lodged to the australian federal police, so what do they actually check.

People who have carried out these steps can share their valuable experiences.
Your pcc and medical have a "life" of one year. If you do them before the CO requests them you may have to do them again if your visa is not granetd within that timeframe.

You only need a police check from the AFP if you have spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia.
See the requirements here.
http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/general/general04.htm#q5
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Thanks polyanna... People please share your experiences as you read on this thread it would be helpfull for all
Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

I applied for 175 CSL March 09 and I have medicals booked for 23rd July and just sending off pcc now. Decided to frontload them rather than waiting for CO.

Last edited by nbn8; Jul 10th 2009 at 5:28 am. Reason: info
Old Jul 11th 2009, 1:40 am
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nbn8
I applied for 175 CSL March 09 and I have medicals booked for 23rd July and just sending off pcc now. Decided to frontload them rather than waiting for CO.
Hi just wanted to add my question about police checks. where exactly do I get a form from for police checks and where do I send it?. I am in the Uk and am clueless.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Hi just wanted to add my question about police checks. where exactly do I get a form from for police checks and where do I send it?. I am in the Uk and am clueless.
You can check the below mentioned criteria in the case of UK. But you need to produce police certificates for each of the countries which you had lived more than 1 year in your last ten years.

UNITED KINGDOM
Police certificates are issued by The
Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO)
and cover applicants who have lived or
currently reside in England, Wales, Scotland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and Northern Ireland.
Relevant document – ACPO Police Certificate.
Apply Application forms and guidance on how to
apply for the police certificates for residents
and non-residents can be located online at
www.acpo.police.uk otherwise contact ACPO
directly:
Phone 0845 601 3999
Email [email protected]
Forms obtainable online or by contacting ACPO.
Fee payable
Website www.acpo.police.uk
For residence in the Falkland Islands
Relevant document – ‘Royal Falkland Islands Police –
Personnel Vetting’
For residence in Gibraltar
Relevant document – ‘Royal Gibraltar Police – No
Conviction certificate’
Apply Residents in person or by mail to the local
police station in the jurisdiction in which you
reside, if you have lived in another
jurisdiction, you should apply to the local
police station at the last place you resided in
that jurisdiction.
Non-residents apply by mail to the local
police station at the last place in which you
resided in that jurisdiction
Forms obtainable on application
Fee payable

You can read the "character-penal document" from the immigration website to better understand this.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:13 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Well in my case, I was assigned CO in last week of April and I had my medicals done in first week of May (without waiting for CO) and uploaded PCC at the same time. And got PR on July 10th.

Secondly, I never uploaded PCC form or never filled PCC form. I just obtained PCC from my local police station and got it attested from Divisional Police Head Office and uploaded it.

Yesterday, after getting my PR, I saw one of my colleague filling his form of PCC downloaded from DIAC website I guess. I saw that form for the first time. It could also happen that my CO or some one from DIAC filled that form on my behalf by using my uploaded PCC.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Guys is it required that even the non migrating dependents should also undergo the medical test.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Well in my case, I was assigned CO in last week of April and I had my medicals done in first week of May (without waiting for CO) and uploaded PCC at the same time. And got PR on July 10th.

Secondly, I never uploaded PCC form or never filled PCC form. I just obtained PCC from my local police station and got it attested from Divisional Police Head Office and uploaded it.

Yesterday, after getting my PR, I saw one of my colleague filling his form of PCC downloaded from DIAC website I guess. I saw that form for the first time. It could also happen that my CO or some one from DIAC filled that form on my behalf by using my uploaded PCC.
Mukesam are you in Australia at present..just wanted to know if you lodged your application from Australia or from some where else.... Just want to undersatand if there is any processing time difference for 175 lodged from australia and rest of the world
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:08 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Mukesam are you in Australia at present..just wanted to know if you lodged your application from Australia or from some where else.... Just want to undersatand if there is any processing time difference for 175 lodged from australia and rest of the world
I am not in Aus, I am from an HR Country.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Guys is it required that even the non migrating dependents should also undergo the medical test.
Yes.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

I guess the pcc should also be done for the non migrating dependents ... What say people
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your pcc and medical have a "life" of one year. If you do them before the CO requests them you may have to do them again if your visa is not granetd within that timeframe.

You only need a police check from the AFP if you have spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia.
See the requirements here.
http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/general/general04.htm#q5
one more important thing is that, if your medicals have been done earlier and when your visa is granted, the time given for first entry will be much shorter. for eg if you do your medicals when your co asks you to do it, then when your visa is granted then the time given for the first entry to oz will be around 10 months from the date of the grant. but if you do your medicals 4 months or so before your cos asks you to do then you will given much less time for the first entry. somehow i think its more prudent to do it when your co asks you to do it. atleast then you get more time for the first entry into oz. because as everyone knows it can get really hectic once you get a grant and its will be a lot less taxing on you if you have a first entry date which is many many months away.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

What about PCC for non migrating dependents is it mandatory
Old Jul 21st 2009, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point

What about PCC for non migrating dependents is it mandatory
medicals is only for migrating dependents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.