Wikiposts

Whats with TRA?

Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats with TRA?

Originally Posted by bridiej
Today I have learned of yet another failure saying "not enough information"

What the **** is going on???

Are they loosing pages from the applications?
Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:14 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

My initial draft for TRA fell well short of the recommendations according to my agent (Glenn Newton). I thougt that it was fine but after re-vamping my documents and adding loads more info, Glenn is now confident of a pass.

Think you need to do pages and pages of your work history and tell it like a story!

Not sure.

It seems crazy though that Oz is saying they're desperate for trades yet they keep failing people.

It is quite reassuring that at least there is nothing wrong with us, but surely some serious arse kicking is called for!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:34 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Whats with TRA?

We did all that, it seems to be the references they are on about every time.

I dont know what they want from us, half a pound of flesh by the sounds of it!!!!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:48 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
My initial draft for TRA fell well short of the recommendations according to my agent (Glenn Newton). I thougt that it was fine but after re-vamping my documents and adding loads more info, Glenn is now confident of a pass.

Think you need to do pages and pages of your work history and tell it like a story!
I'm not going through an agent, which could be bad move!!?? It would be nice for someone to say "right, that should be enough!" As it is, I keep going back to it and adding more and more!! ....I really can't stop!! *hahaha*
I suppose I'm lucky that I've worked for only one company since starting my apprenticeship here 10 years ago!

Up to now, I've got:

The Initial application filled out
8 continuation pages, mostly of on-the-job training details
An 8 page detailed training plan of my 4 year apprenticeship (signed by the HR director at work)
A summary of my 4 year apprenticeship (time spent at college etc) (signed by the HR director at work)
Details of further education following my apprenticeship (signed by the HR director at work)
List of External training courses attended (signed by the HR director at work)
Proof of employment (signed by the HR director at work)
Job Description (signed by the HR director at work)
Certified copies of certificates, awards, passport, and birth certificate

All together I've got the application form, and 62 pages!! Do you think this will be enough??? .........can I stop now??!!

Just out of interest Rob, how much did you submit?

Regards
Grant

Last edited by GrantP; Nov 26th 2004 at 12:51 am.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 1:13 am

Hi Grant

It's quality rather than quantity, just make sure you've explained everything in minute detail - and that the references are very detailed regarding your responsibilities too, as that's what they keep failing people for.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 1:14 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GrantP
I'm not going through an agent, which could be bad move!!?? It would be nice for someone to say "right, that should be enough!" As it is, I keep going back to it and adding more and more!! ....I really can't stop!! *hahaha*
I suppose I'm lucky that I've worked for only one company since starting my apprenticeship here 10 years ago!

Up to now, I've got:

An 8 page detailed training plan of my 4 year apprenticeship (signed by the HR director at work)
A summary of my 4 year apprenticeship (time spent at college etc) (signed by the HR director at work)
Details of further education following my apprenticeship (signed by the HR director at work)

All together I've got the application form, and 62 pages!! Do you think this will be enough??? .........can I stop now??!!

Regards
Grant
Blimey you go for it Grant and don't cut out anything!!!! Did you mention the title of your job though

Sasha
Old Nov 26th 2004, 1:25 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Hi Grant

It's quality rather than quantity, just make sure you've explained everything in minute detail - and that the references are very detailed regarding your responsibilities too, as that's what they keep failing people for.
That's what I'm worried about!!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 1:50 am

Dont worry too much!

I think the answer is to make sure the ref includes detail too regarding your duties.

Sorry cant help anymore, but not really in a position to offer advice re TRA!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 2:00 am
Welsh Member!!

Originally Posted by snappy
Blimey you go for it Grant and don't cut out anything!!!! Did you mention the title of your job though

Sasha
Yeah, the job description has it written right accross the top!

"Lazy Bast**d, who spends most of his time on the net" ....oooops, I mean "CNC Programmer"!!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 2:02 am

Yeah, the job description has it written right accross the top!

"Lazy Bast**d, who spends most of his time on the net" ....oooops, I mean "CNC Programmer"!!
LOL!!!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 2:43 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I cant remember the total amount of pages but there was around 25 pages of employer references which were very detailed-Four employers in total, plus all my college stuff and certifications, my CV etc...etc...

Up to now, I've got:

Regards
Grant
Old Nov 26th 2004, 8:45 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the pass!!!

I'll do ANYTHING for the pass result.......
Hi Bridie hows it going what have you decided to do are you reapplying or can you just send more detailed references?

Kay
Old Nov 26th 2004, 9:10 pm

Hi Kay

We're going to submit a new application - not too bad as luckily I saved all our work on the PC so dont have to start literally from scratch.

Should get some news from my agent on Monday as to how to proceed and what needs amending on the employers refs.

Bx
Old Nov 27th 2004, 2:41 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kay

We're going to submit a new application - not too bad as luckily I saved all our work on the PC so dont have to start literally from scratch.

Should get some news from my agent on Monday as to how to proceed and what needs amending on the employers refs.

Bx
Hi thats great keep me posted with your progress

Kay
Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:58 am
Just Joined

sitting here in limbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Whats with TRA?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I do wonder just what you have to do for a TRA pass.

Sleep with them perhaps?

Invite them for a roast dinner?

Pay them handsomely?

Buy them presents?

Just what does it take to make TRA man happy?
I managed a first time pass on TRA but it took 5 months and a reference from every employer of approximately 15 pages each!!!! and lots of photos. But it is worth the extra time to collect information which details every task you have completed.