Wikiposts

What's a Pre-Grant Letter

Old May 20th 2003, 12:11 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's a Pre-Grant Letter

Hi all - newbie here.

Have undergone successful skills assessment which came back in 3.5 weeks, and have just submitted 136 Visa application. I see from other posts that people have been getting a "pre-grant" letter of some sort. What is it and at what point in the proceedings is it issued?

Eagerly awaiting confirmation of application and request for medicals etc!

Cheers
Old May 20th 2003, 12:20 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What's a Pre-Grant Letter

Originally posted by ohsohopeful
Hi all - newbie here.

Have undergone successful skills assessment which came back in 3.5 weeks, and have just submitted 136 Visa application. I see from other posts that people have been getting a "pre-grant" letter of some sort. What is it and at what point in the proceedings is it issued?

Eagerly awaiting confirmation of application and request for medicals etc!

Cheers
Hello

I think the pre-grant letter is for when they have decided to give you your PR on condition that you fill in a health undertaking, or give in your $100 000 bond, etc. I think that most people will not get one, they will just get a grant letter.

Good luck with your application, I hope all goes well.

cheers

Mel
Old May 20th 2003, 12:22 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mel for your reply. I expect we will be getting one then, as we are doing the capital investment option for 5 bonus points.

How long have you been waiting?
Old May 20th 2003, 12:28 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by ohsohopeful
Thanks Mel for your reply. I expect we will be getting one then, as we are doing the capital investment option for 5 bonus points.

How long have you been waiting?
We sent off the application on 29th Jan 2003, got our cc charged 17th March, request for police and medicals 17th April. Everything has now been sent off and we are just waiting on a final decision.

Our timeline is very quick though. ASPC seem to be struggling to hit their targets for July 2003 and so they are rushing through some straightforward visas. There are loads of people who wait 9 months+ for their request for medicals! Hope you are not one of them.

Good luck

Mel