Whats needed to get started?

Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice
Default Whats needed to get started?

Hi Guys... new here and after some advice.

Im starting my 175 skilled visa application in the new year. Im trying to work out what info and documents I will need.

I have the usual Passport (need 2 years?), birth cert, etc.

I understand I need to have my skills assessed before even begining the online application so I have looked into that.

What else should I have ready before starting the visa application?

Many thanks for reading my post.

Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

erco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really nice
Default Re: Whats needed to get started?

have a good read through posts on here. search for 175 visa etc. Youve picked a bad time unless your on the CSL though that could disappear soon.

The visa types are too many to mention but if your not on the CSL as mentioned it could be upto a 3 year wait for MODL. rumours are abound about changes but its only gossip until it actually happens.

Erco
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pozz
Hi Guys... new here and after some advice.

Im starting my 175 skilled visa application in the new year. Im trying to work out what info and documents I will need.

I have the usual Passport (need 2 years?), birth cert, etc.

I understand I need to have my skills assessed before even begining the online application so I have looked into that.

Many thanks for reading my post.

Read booklet 6. www.immi.gov.au
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice

Im on CSL and MODL in an area thats not likely to be influxed by applicants in the next few years so im not too worried about the changes.

Im really after info so I can be fully prepared before I actually apply for the visa. I had a look at the online the application form and quickly realised I needed my qualifications validating before I could start. Id like to know if there are anymore hurdles I can prepare for before I get to them?

Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Im on CSL and MODL in an area thats not likely to be influxed by applicants in the next few years so im not too worried about the changes.

Im really after info so I can be fully prepared before I actually apply for the visa. I had a look at the online the application form and quickly realised I needed my qualifications validating before I could start. Id like to know if there are anymore hurdles I can prepare for before I get to them?

If you read the booklet Dorothy posted the link to, that will tell you everything you need to collect, all the evidence you need etc. By the time you get the visa you will probably know the book off by heart
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Just had a flick through it. Thank you very much for the link.

Im 35, with a defacto partner, CSL/MODL occupation, so the visa looks as straightforward as it could be.

Once I have the skills assessment and a cpr cert im good to go, or so it seems.

Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a flick through it. Thank you very much for the link.

Im 35, with a defacto partner, CSL/MODL occupation, so the visa looks as straightforward as it could be.

Once I have the skills assessment and a cpr cert im good to go, or so it seems.

Check out the evidence you need to prove your de facto rel'ship. If its not in that booklet then have a quick look at this one http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm just for the section about evidence of a rel'ahip. This booklet is aimed at Spouse visas but will give you an idea of the kind of things you'll need to provide for the de facto bit
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

All seems to be in order.

I have enquired about my skills just need some info from my college before I can send my certs off to my governing body.

Partner and I will have 12 months of shared bills etc by the time im ready to apply. There is enough proof to support a defacto relationship I think.

There doesnt seem to be anything else I need to do until I start the application except save like crazy!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

katietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant future

Check that you meet the points test with only 15 points for English language ability. If you need the extra 10 points for 'proficient' English, then book your IELTS test now, as it can be a while before there are places available to sit it.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

A hefty wad of ca$h.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Im an English citizen born and bred with a degree at an English uni, do I still need the IELTS?

Im pretty sure I dont from what I have read.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Im an English citizen born and bred with a degree at an English uni, do I still need the IELTS?

Im pretty sure I dont from what I have read.
Only if you need extra points (10). You'll get 15 points from your British passport already. It also depends what visa you are going for. Check on the Immi website.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ill have 125 points if I get my application started before my next birthday otherwise it drops to 120.

Fingers crossed they dont move the goal posts before I get started.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

LayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant future

Lots and lots of patience.

It can take a long time to get a visa and you should let it progress in the background and not be on your mind all the time.

Get everything in place and correct first time, and the visa will take care of itself. I did use a migration agent, and would no hesitate in using the same one again - it simplifies things when you get someone to proof read an application first.

Happy times ahead.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Once I have my qualifications assessed and begin my application I presume I pay the first installment $2525 and fill in my details and thats my application lodged.

I obviously have my passport, and birth cert, as does my defacto partner. Apart from details outlining our relationship and providing the meds and police checks when necessary what am I likely to be asked for?

I have read through the booklets and on here a lot and from what I can see my application looks too easy

Am I being very niave about the whole process or have I missed something glaringly obvious?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.