Wikiposts

Whats my chances? ACS Assessments

Old Jul 1st 2004, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

rammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats my chances? ACS Assessments

Hi,

I just want to clear thinks up here.

I have been working in IT for about 8 years. I have a solid 6 years experience from two companies, and have 3 references (one from my current manager and two from colleagues, how many refs do you need??).

I have a Beng in Electronic Eng. I could not get the original transcripts (althought I have the orig cert) but I have an Official letter from the Uni on headed paper and signed saying that the IT/Computer related content of the Course was about 30-40%. also Microsoft MCP transcripts.

Whats my chances of a Positive assessment from the ACS?
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:46 am
Just Joined

rammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats my chances? ACS Assessments

Originally posted by rammer
Hi,

I have been working in IT for about 8 years. I have a solid 6 years experience from two companies, and have 3 references (one from my current manager and two from colleagues, how many refs do you need??).

I have a Beng in Electronic Eng. I could not get the original transcripts (althought I have the orig cert) but I have an Official letter from the Uni on headed paper and signed saying that the IT/Computer related content of the Course was about 30-40%. also Microsoft MCP transcripts.

come on, any advice welcome....
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:52 am
Just Joined

gerardcullen is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Beng (electronics) from Trinity in dublin, and although I work in IT full time, I got my assessment through the inst. eng. aust., they only cared about my degree. Maybe you need to consider taking the eng. approach rather than the computers approach.

Ger
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 1:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at the skill assessment guidelines on the ACS site:
http://www.acs.org.au

How ACS will assess you depends on the IT content in your degree and whether it's equivalent to an Australian bachelors.

The alternative is to see if your degree is accceptable to IEAUST under the Washington or Sydney Accord.

If you get an IEAUST assessment, DIMIA will be quite ok with IT professional work experience and won't ask you to get ACS assessed. However, you might be limited to a max of 5 points for work experience (this is a grey area).

Jeremy

Hi,

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

marcelectro is an unknown quantity at this point

I WAS IN THE SAME SITUATION, I APPLIED TO THE ACS AND I' GOT A POSITIVE ASSESSMENT FROM ACS.... AND ALSO MY VISA (SKILLED 136)

Hi,