Wikiposts

What Visa?

Old Jan 21st 2006, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

ZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant future
Red face What Visa?

Hi all

Can any one offer any help

Is there a visa me hubby and three children can apply for, We would like to go to oz for a year or two and work and see if it's really where we would like to end up.Probably wanting my cake and to eat it!!!!!!!! hubby a motor mechanic so could apply for a skilled if needed to, a bit scared of selling everything and making move only to have to come home two years later.
I would really like to test drive first if you know what i mean???god this post sounds sooo depressing i'm not really a sad cow honest.

cheers zoe
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:47 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Visa?

Originally Posted by ZOE POE
Hi all

Is there a visa me hubby and three children can apply for, We would like to go to oz for a year or two and work and see if it's really where we would like to end up.Probably wanting my cake and to eat it!!!!!!!! hubby a motor mechanic so could apply for a skilled if needed to, a bit scared of selling everything and making move only to have to come home two years later.
I would really like to test drive first if you know what i mean???god this post sounds sooo depressing i'm not really a sad cow honest.

cheers zoe
You need to get hubbys trade assessed first via the TRA - www.workplace.gov.au/tra

In respect of the visa, why not have a look at this link? http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:50 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

cheers zoe
hiya zoe

not sure how to advice you as no knowledge of the job!! im a midwife LOL

but just wanted to say, that there maybe an option of sponsorship etc, i.e 457 visa, BUT your hubby would be tied to this company for the 2/3 yrs!! and if he didnt like it, i believe it is difficult to change company as the visa is attached to the job...............

therefore the skilled option 136 independent, is the one i would recommend.......as you are not tied to anything, he doesnt even have to work in this field if he chooses not too..........

and if you dont like oz - you can still come back - there is no reason to not!

bite the bullett and at least investigate the points

goodluck

mand
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

You need a migration visa to easily do what you want to do. However there is no obligation on migrants to sell their houses in the home country.

If you stay a few years you can become Australian citizens - many people do this before thinking about whether they want to come home.

One thing you can do before deciding or not whether to move is inform yourself - maybe even take a holiday in Australia to look.

Also - make sure you qualify for a migration visa. If you don't then it may not be possible to move anyway.

Jeremy