British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   What is the status when you have been assigned a case officer? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/what-status-when-you-have-been-assigned-case-officer-126810/)

Nina Jan 15th 2003 6:13 am

What is the status when you have been assigned a case officer?

I read some time a ago on the austimeline that an agent called Adelaide to ask if an applicant had been assigned a case officer.
We applied in April 2002 and this morning a lady from Adelaide told me we have been assigned a case officer last week.

Does anybody know if this means we could actually hear something soon?

Do they assign cases to officers when they actually have time to look at them, OR do they assign 1000 of cases at the same time to one case officer? Surly it can’t be the last because our application has been in a queue for nine months before it had been given to someone….
Just guessing……

Anybody know more about this?

By the way, when Adelaide Center opened they had 40 officers. Does anybody know how many they have now??

Nina

Tambo Jan 15th 2003 3:10 pm

???????????

windsordave Jan 15th 2003 3:48 pm

Originally posted by Tambo
???????????
great question ... anyone ?

also did you have to call Adelaide to find this out or do they tell you some way ?

Ta

Dave

mashiraz Jan 15th 2003 3:50 pm

Re: What is the status when you have been assigned a case officer?

Nina,

We've got case officer too, but had to ring and ask. We weren't told anything else. I think it's good news to have one.

A vague friend of a friend works at ASPC so I might be able to find out how many work there.

I'll post if I find out...
Mash...

Originally posted by Nina
I read some time a ago on the austimeline that an agent called Adelaide to ask if an applicant had been assigned a case officer.
We applied in April 2002 and this morning a lady from Adelaide told me we have been assigned a case officer last week.

Does anybody know if this means we could actually hear something soon?

Do they assign cases to officers when they actually have time to look at them, OR do they assign 1000 of cases at the same time to one case officer? Surly it can’t be the last because our application has been in a queue for nine months before it had been given to someone….
Just guessing……

Anybody know more about this?

By the way, when Adelaide Center opened they had 40 officers. Does anybody know how many they have now??

Nina

sherman Jan 20th 2003 4:00 am

Mash,

Have you got any helpful information recently? We'd like to know sth inside of ASPC, thanks for your sharing! :)

Sherman

Originally posted by mashiraz
Nina,

We've got case officer too, but had to ring and ask. We weren't told anything else. I think it's good news to have one.

A vague friend of a friend works at ASPC so I might be able to find out how many work there.

I'll post if I find out...
Mash...

Nina Jan 20th 2003 6:15 am

Dave,

Yes, I called them my self and our case was assigned to a officer in January. That's all she talled me.

Nina

Originally posted by windsordave
great question ... anyone ?

also did you have to call Adelaide to find this out or do they tell you some way ?

Ta

Dave

rapitts Jan 20th 2003 6:07 pm

I guess the increase of applications fees were to recuit more case officers hopefully !!!!

mashiraz Jan 20th 2003 7:59 pm

I know nothing, always the last to hear, but when I do, the world will know!

Tried ringing but most unhlepful...

Mash...

Originally posted by sherman
Mash,

Have you got any helpful information recently? We'd like to know sth inside of ASPC, thanks for your sharing! :)

Sherman