What now?

Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Trazix is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile What now?

Hello, this is my first post so *cough* please be gentle with me

After much research to determine if Australia is a place we would like to raise our children and get a way from alot of things we are unhappy with in this country etc, we decided it was, unfortunatley we found that we are inelligible for emmigration at the moment due to my husband having little qualifications in the I.T. industry and only 6 years of relevant experience. (apparantley I warrant no points at all, slightly depressing hehe, ah well).

We are under 45 and can provide a bond and my husband is working toward an MCBDA, which he tells me is something useful in computing! Should we hang on until he gets this which will be by the end of the year or will we need a few more years experience aswell?

I would appreaciate any help in this matter as I'm quite depressed by the whole thing at the moment, but we don't want to give up yet. Hope this is the right forum and I apologise if it isn't.

Thanks alot,
Trazix
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:22 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What now?

Originally Posted by Trazix

After much research to determine if Australia is a place we would like to raise our children and get a way from alot of things we are unhappy with in this country etc, we decided it was, unfortunatley we found that we are inelligible for emmigration at the moment due to my husband having little qualifications in the I.T. industry and only 6 years of relevant experience. (apparantley I warrant no points at all, slightly depressing hehe, ah well).

We are under 45 and can provide a bond and my husband is working toward an MCBDA, which he tells me is something useful in computing! Should we hang on until he gets this which will be by the end of the year or will we need a few more years experience aswell?

I would appreaciate any help in this matter as I'm quite depressed by the whole thing at the moment, but we don't want to give up yet. Hope this is the right forum and I apologise if it isn't.

Thanks alot,
Trazix
hi there,
Firstly welcome! Secondly, whats your occupation that you say is worthless as a matter of points for migration?
What does your hubby do in IT? Usually the ACS assess the main IT jobs for 60 pts but the TRA does one for a Desktop Support type role which is only a 40 pt occupation but you could see if he can get assessed as that maybe and then see if you can get sponsorship from a state to get there.... best bet is to talk to an agent. If you have a look at my site http://www.goldcoastsmile.com/7.html this page has a list of Migration Agents on it that maybe able to help - all are well versed in matters of Skill Assessment. Mr Glenn Newton (Australian Labour Market Services) also was the director of the TRA a few years ago so he maybe able to assist you, as could the rest on the list.
Claire
x

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 7th 2005 at 10:42 am.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

With no IT qualification at the minimum Diploma level, he would need to look at RPL, 2 project reports and 6 or 8 years of relevant IT experience - the 67 years he has may not all be considered relevant by the ACS. To get RPL plus the reduced 6 years experience, he would need to have any qualification (does not have to be in IT) assessed as at least equivalent to an Australian AQF Diploma.

Regards

Tony

Thanks alot,
Trazix
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

What did he do before he went into IT? And do you have any relatives in Australia who might be able and willing to sponsor?

Jeremy
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Trazix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by welshtony
With no IT qualification at the minimum Diploma level, he would need to look at RPL, 2 project reports and 6 or 8 years of relevant IT experience - the 67 years he has may not all be considered relevant by the ACS. To get RPL plus the reduced 6 years experience, he would need to have any qualification (does not have to be in IT) assessed as at least equivalent to an Australian AQF Diploma.

Regards

Tony
Thanks to all of you for replying, I appreaciate the advice. In answer to your questions Claire I am a rehab support worker in a brain injury unit fantastic job but qualifications aren't needed. My husband is a software deverloper and also databse analyst before he moved into the technical side of cumputers 6 years ago he used to sell them.

Unfortunatley we don't have and relatives over there, however my husbands company does have an office in Sydney but it seems he considers the guy that runs the Sydney branch a "knob" and would rather not approach them for sponsorship. (grrr....).

I think we may well look into state sponsorship and talk to an agent to see the best way to go, while hubby continues with his Microsoft Cercified Database Analyst certification. Which I'm pretty sure the ACS would recognise.

Thanks again, this forum is really helpful!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

The MCDA certification will not be recognised as an equivalent to an Australian IT Diploma unlike the MCSD MCSE CLP and CNE - rumour has it that these four will lose their equivalence, in the eyes of the ACS, maybe by the end of this year.

So delaying any ACS application while he completes will really only gain him extra IT experience - so it comes back to does he need 8 years or 6 years experience. Does he have any academic qualifications in any subject around the levelk of a HNC or higher - if so, he may just need the 6 years plus RPL plus 2 project reports.

You also need to look at STNI for Victoria to see if he has specific skills in IT that they are likely to nominate him for. Otherwise the SIR visa mainly requires a job offer of 3 months or more.

Tony

Thanks to all of you for replying, I appreaciate the advice. In answer to your questions Claire I am a rehab support worker in a brain injury unit fantastic job but qualifications aren't needed. My husband is a software deverloper and also databse analyst before he moved into the technical side of cumputers 6 years ago he used to sell them.

Unfortunatley we don't have and relatives over there, however my husbands company does have an office in Sydney but it seems he considers the guy that runs the Sydney branch a "knob" and would rather not approach them for sponsorship. (grrr....).

I think we may well look into state sponsorship and talk to an agent to see the best way to go, while hubby continues with his Microsoft Cercified Database Analyst certification. Which I'm pretty sure the ACS would recognise.

Thanks again, this forum is really helpful!!