What are my Options?

Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Tjuan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are my Options?

I'm British and in my early 20s. I'd like to start planning ahead moving to the US or Oz. Obviously Oz is going to be easier but it's my second choice.

I have no degree and no line of work. I managed to get a good job at a young age and was earning £26k at 20 and could have earnt more if I'd worked more but I had a nervous breakdown.

I now write/score music which is sometimes used in films/ads/etc. It doesn't pay well but I'm much happier.

I'd like to start planning the future and have a degree or line of work to fall back on which will help me move to the US or Oz. I'm planning to study next year. My interests are all creative based but this isn't always what helps you get a job.

I'm looking for advice on what the best types of work/degree are for moving to Oz (I've posted a similar topic in the US forum)

I'd like to do all this by the books and plan ahead. Also, what are my options on going to Oz on a working holiday Visa and then getting sponsored to stay there? Is this common? Do I have to be a student to do this?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:43 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What are my Options?

Originally Posted by Tjuan
I'm British and in my early 20s. I'd like to start planning ahead moving to the US or Oz. Obviously Oz is going to be easier but it's my second choice.

I have no degree and no line of work. I managed to get a good job at a young age and was earning £26k at 20 and could have earnt more if I'd worked more but I had a nervous breakdown.

I now write/score music which is sometimes used in films/ads/etc. It doesn't pay well but I'm much happier.

I'd like to start planning the future and have a degree or line of work to fall back on which will help me move to the US or Oz. I'm planning to study next year. My interests are all creative based but this isn't always what helps you get a job.

I'm looking for advice on what the best types of work/degree are for moving to Oz (I've posted a similar topic in the US forum)

I'd like to do all this by the books and plan ahead. Also, what are my options on going to Oz on a working holiday Visa and then getting sponsored to stay there? Is this common? Do I have to be a student to do this?

Australia is mosty interested in trades (ie plumbing/bricklaying/tilers/joiners/welders,) engineers, medical practioners (esp. nurses) and accountants. Jobs specific to mining as well. Some IT professionals. Accountancy would be what I would choose for either the US or Australia. Depends if you want to study that long. You need to check the Australian Immigration website for what is on the MODL list, I am sure a helpful BE member will be aong shortly with the link. Good luck!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tjuan

Think you need to find what you enjoy doing and develop your skills. No point spending years training and working in a job you don't enjoy just to move to live in another country!
Other poster has given you a good outline of what it takes to get into Australia! Could always set up your own business and if you make a success of it then you'd have greater prospects for both US and Aus!
Good luck whatever you decide, be prepared for a few years wait
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/...australia.aspx

Have a go on there mate

S-j x