Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What if I move house during 136 application

Wikiposts

What if I move house during 136 application

Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Smile What if I move house during 136 application

Hello all ,

I was wondering whether any of you further down the line can answer the following please?

I have just submitted my 136 app through an agent, and am putting my house on the market, and moving back in with my parents until the visa is granted.

Does anyone know of any negative points to doing this? (I'm thinking of any communication received from DIMIA, as I don't want to rely on any post being forwarded to me by my buyers)

Do DIMIA go through the agent or do they post requests to my house?

Would the VISA grant be posted to my address or the agent?

Do DIMIA need to know if I have moved out of my house?

Much appreciated
TC
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:53 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all
Default Re: What if I move house during 136 application

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Hello all ,

I was wondering whether any of you further down the line can answer the following please?

I have just submitted my 136 app through an agent, and am putting my house on the market, and moving back in with my parents until the visa is granted.

Does anyone know of any negative points to doing this? (I'm thinking of any communication received from DIMIA, as I don't want to rely on any post being forwarded to me by my buyers)

Do DIMIA go through the agent or do they post requests to my house?

Would the VISA grant be posted to my address or the agent?

Do DIMIA need to know if I have moved out of my house?

Much appreciated
TC
Hi, as i understand it

1, if you have put in your form the point of contact as your agent then that is who DIMIA will correspond with for all your visa stuff

2 they need to know if you change address and I hope they dont discriminate against it, i filled out form 929 which i downloaded from the website (DIMIA)

Hope this helps
Paula
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
Hi, as i understand it

1, if you have put in your form the point of contact as your agent then that is who DIMIA will correspond with for all your visa stuff

2 they need to know if you change address and I hope they dont discriminate against it, i filled out form 929 which i downloaded from the website (DIMIA)

Hope this helps
Paula
Thanks...whats the worst that can happen if one doesn't filll our form 929.
Why do DIMIA need to know?

Thanks
TC
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:29 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Thanks...whats the worst that can happen if one doesn't filll our form 929.
Why do DIMIA need to know?

Thanks
TC
who knows mate, but they must ask you to advise them if you do move for a reason. I'd say just to be on the safe side, do it

Paulax
Old Feb 10th 2006, 4:32 am
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
who knows mate, but they must ask you to advise them if you do move for a reason. I'd say just to be on the safe side, do it

Paulax
They can for any reason check if you live where you say you do. They can also call your employers to see if you work there.

Do you really want to spend all that money and get a "no" when it's plain and simple to advise them of a change in circumstance!

Besides, they do require you to notify them of ANY change in circumstances after you lodged your application, ie: Moved house, changed jobs, got arrested, been diagnosed with a serious illness, etc. I'm sure you get my drift.
Your agent is not a good one if they say you should not bother!

I know I would advise dimia.