What have you failed your medical on?

Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What have you failed your medical on?

Hi

I am losing weight and going to have a umbilical hernia repair. I am wondering what things will they fail you on such as chest X-ray, bloods? Etc.

What happens at your medical? Can your doctor provide zany thing?

Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you failed your medical on?

It is uncommon to fail a medical and those that do would already be aware of a condition. What do you mean can your doctor provide zany things?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:39 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel659
Hi

I am losing weight and going to have a umbilical hernia repair. I am wondering what things will they fail you on such as chest X-ray, bloods? Etc.

What happens at your medical? Can your doctor provide zany thing?

Thanks
anything that is expensive to treat, or that is a danger to public health, most notably TB.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point

Asthma to show i haven't been hospitalised. Things like that really. Trying between now to get extra healthy.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel659
Asthma to show i haven't been hospitalised. Things like that really. Trying between now to get extra healthy.
You won't need to show you have never been hospitalised for asthma. Of course getting super healthy should never be discouraged, but the medical is perhaps not as hard to pass as you could be thinking.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It is uncommon to fail a medical and those that do would already be aware of a condition
Extreme case I know, but my best friend, when she was young her family were going to move to Canada. At the medicals they did xrays. The xray for her dad showed something wrong (I can't remember what) and two weeks later he died. They did tell him he didn't have long left when they saw the xrays, so at least he had a little time to say goodbye.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:59 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Extreme case I know, but my best friend, when she was young her family were going to move to Canada. At the medicals they did xrays. The xray for her dad showed something wrong (I can't remember what) and two weeks later he died. They did tell him he didn't have long left when they saw the xrays, so at least he had a little time to say goodbye.
CRIKEY! Don't scare the girl!!!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

DIAC cannot and do not expect everyone to be perfectly healthy and never to have been hospitalised. Cancer sufferers have been granted visas. If you're a 'normal' human you will get through. If you have a condition that is a) dangerous to the people of Australia and/or b) expensive to the people of Australia you are highly unlikely to be granted a visa. This includes TB, HIV, AIDS etc. However, even then, depending on circumstances, quality of professional advice etc even then it can be overcome.

Good question but really, don't worry about it.