Wikiposts

What happens if my passport expires......?

Old Oct 25th 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

cazzamack is on a distinguished road
Default What happens if my passport expires......?

Hi,

This is my first post, so please forgive me if this is a silly question. My family recieved our subclass 457 visas notification on Friday! We are extremely excited and have booked our flights already.

My question is that of passport expiry. Our visas are valid for 4 years from 22nd October, but my partner and my passports both run out before the visas do. how do we go about getting new passports? Do we have to come back to the UK or can we apply for them from Australia?

Many thanks
Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:25 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: What happens if my passport expires......?

You can apply to renew them in Oz quite easily. I have just renewed my british passport.

It takes about 2- 3 weeks for processing and you can then just go along to the local Dimia office and they will re-evidence your visa for you in your new passport. i.e. give you a new sticker!

Hope this helps

Jonboy
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: What happens if my passport expires......?

Originally Posted by jjonboy
You can apply to renew them in Oz quite easily. I have just renewed my british passport.

It takes about 2- 3 weeks for processing and you can then just go along to the local Dimia office and they will re-evidence your visa for you in your new passport. i.e. give you a new sticker!

Hope this helps

Jonboy
Thats great news. Thank you. Can you tell me where did you get the application forms from?
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:03 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by cazzamack
Thats great news. Thank you. Can you tell me where did you get the application forms from?

This may be of some help to you
http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/passportsdefault.asp
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

nizamm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mlbonner
You may continue to use that visa (provided it is not cut, cancelled or has expired) by carrying that old passport with your new one. For more details, see http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/migrate/migrate03.htm.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Thank you very much for this wed address, it does contain all of the information that I need, and it seems that renewing our passports will be much easier than I first thought.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:50 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cazzamack
Hi,

This is my first post, so please forgive me if this is a silly question. My family recieved our subclass 457 visas notification on Friday! We are extremely excited and have booked our flights already.

My question is that of passport expiry. Our visas are valid for 4 years from 22nd October, but my partner and my passports both run out before the visas do. how do we go about getting new passports? Do we have to come back to the UK or can we apply for them from Australia?

Many thanks

i asked my dimia case officer about this, she said the matter is quite trivial. basically, once you got yer new passport just arrange for dimia office to re-evidence the visa in it. thats what she told me anyways!!