Wikiposts

What happens at the end of the 5 years

Old Jul 8th 2005, 2:32 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default What happens at the end of the 5 years

My brother went for his citizenship the other day and was turned down. Apparently he is being investigated for something he didn't do (it's all to do with a car he sold to his cousin when he was first over there and something happened when he was back in the UK blah blah blah). But basically his wife got her citizenship and the two boys and him didn't. If he doesn't get his citizenship (though he should, 'cos he's done nothing wrong) what happens at the end of the 5 years. He went on a 136 skilled independant about 3 years ago (although he came back to the Uk for 10/12 months.
I'm pretty sure they don't kick people out but where would he stand legally.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 2:50 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens at the end of the 5 years

hi, i think if he is in uk now he may be buggered, but if he is in australia and doesnt want to leave he will be fine i thionk, unless he want to be out of oz for a long while(dont know set time limit) as you need a RRV (residents return visa).

I think this is the way, but i dont know for sure.
alk
Old Jul 8th 2005, 3:07 am
Here at last

TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by alkristensen
hi, i think if he is in uk now he may be buggered, but if he is in australia and doesnt want to leave he will be fine i thionk, unless he want to be out of oz for a long while(dont know set time limit) as you need a RRV (residents return visa).

I think this is the way, but i dont know for sure.
alk
Thanks mate, yeah he is in Oz now and sure as hell doesn't want to leave.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 4:51 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

i was told that a permanent resident visa was exactly that PERMANENT.
You do not have to apply for citizenship, it just makes it easier if tyou want to be a =way from oz without applying for the RRV every time.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 10:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheRossers
My brother went for his citizenship the other day and was turned down. Apparently he is being investigated for something he didn't do (it's all to do with a car he sold to his cousin when he was first over there and something happened when he was back in the UK blah blah blah). But basically his wife got her citizenship and the two boys and him didn't. If he doesn't get his citizenship (though he should, 'cos he's done nothing wrong) what happens at the end of the 5 years. He went on a 136 skilled independant about 3 years ago (although he came back to the Uk for 10/12 months.
I'm pretty sure they don't kick people out but where would he stand legally.

People refused citizenship on character grounds run the risk of having their PR visas cancelled.

What exactly do you mean by "turned down"? It's not at all unusual for applications to be delayed a little if they have to investigate it more closely, such as if you share a name with someone who has a criminal record. However if he has been *refused* he will have been advised of this in writing and should seek urgent professional assistance.

As for his wife, she doesn't 'get' her citizenship until she attends a citizenship ceremony. As for the children, they must have been included on his citizenship application rather than hers - if for some reason he never becomes a citizen, the wife can apply for the children separately once she is a citizen.

Jeremy
Old Jul 8th 2005, 5:00 pm
Here at last

Originally Posted by JAJ
People refused citizenship on character grounds run the risk of having their PR visas cancelled.

What exactly do you mean by "turned down"? It's not at all unusual for applications to be delayed a little if they have to investigate it more closely, such as if you share a name with someone who has a criminal record. However if he has been *refused* he will have been advised of this in writing and should seek urgent professional assistance.

As for his wife, she doesn't 'get' her citizenship until she attends a citizenship ceremony. As for the children, they must have been included on his citizenship application rather than hers - if for some reason he never becomes a citizen, the wife can apply for the children separately once she is a citizen.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy, I'm going to speak to him this weekend and find out the full facts. I'm only going on what my mum told me (and she gets confused - doesn't listen properly more like).
Going on what you say I would assume he has been delayed until the incident is fully investigated. I'll post more when I know.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 8:01 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheRossers
I'll post more when I know.
Please do - intrigued