Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

what happens after visa application is sent off?

Wikiposts

what happens after visa application is sent off?

Old May 28th 2006, 11:16 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default what happens after visa application is sent off?

Other than WAIT, PACE FLOOR and TAKE UP ALL UNHEALTHY ADDICTIONS including web forums obviously!!

Can I ask, when you sent in the visa application, was the next thing you received an acknowledgement letter, and if so - how long was it until you got that?

ALSO - does the acknowlegement letter have your case number on it ( so if we front load our medicals will we have a reference number to put on the forms?? )

Sorry if it's been asked before.

*pearly*
Old May 28th 2006, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what happens after visa application is sent off?

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Other than WAIT, PACE FLOOR and TAKE UP ALL UNHEALTHY ADDICTIONS including web forums obviously!!

Can I ask, when you sent in the visa application, was the next thing you received an acknowledgement letter, and if so - how long was it until you got that?

ALSO - does the acknowlegement letter have your case number on it ( so if we front load our medicals will we have a reference number to put on the forms?? )

*pearly*
Acknowledgement takes around 2 - 4 weeks usually. It will have a case number in the format CLF2006/xxxxx or something like that. This is the number you can put on your medical form.
Old May 28th 2006, 11:49 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

*pearly*
WAIT.PACE THE FLOOR & DRINK COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF ALCOHOL.......lol

I think it depends whether you have used an agent, we have and just got an e-mail to say DIMIA received application on such and such a date. We didn't get our case number until the case officer was allocated.

Loz x
Old May 29th 2006, 3:54 am
fingers crossed

heading south is an unknown quantity at this point

*pearly*
I received the acknowledgement after 11 days (an email with a .jpg of the receipt of payment from their computer system). I first time I remember seeing a case number was when we had the request for our meds and PCCs about seven months later from our case officer, see timeline link below. We applied on a 136 and didn't use an agent, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

All the best with your application.

Heading South

http://www.austimeline.com/aus/displayApp.jsp?id=2897
Old May 29th 2006, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

*pearly*
We just received our acknowledgement today from ASPC and it had a case reference number on it.

Denise
x
Old May 29th 2006, 4:35 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading south
I received the acknowledgement after 11 days (an email with a .jpg of the receipt of payment from their computer system). I first time I remember seeing a case number was when we had the request for our meds and PCCs about seven months later from our case officer, see timeline link below. We applied on a 136 and didn't use an agent, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

All the best with your application.

Heading South

http://www.austimeline.com/aus/displayApp.jsp?id=2897
Thanks everyone for the above replies.
Ok, so some of you say that you get a case number when your $$$'s are debited ( as soon as 11 days!!?? ) others say you don't get a case number
until your meds and police checks are requested. So that now makes me ask -what are people putting on their med forms when they front load those?
I'll be front loading my meds ( around August probobly ) so I'm hoping I'll have a case number by then. Sending the visa application in next week probobly. We're doing the application ourselves and not using an agent.
Any more thoughts?

*pearly*
Old May 29th 2006, 4:47 am
fingers crossed

heading south is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for the above replies.
Ok, so some of you say that you get a case number when your $$$'s are debited ( as soon as 11 days!!?? ) others say you don't get a case number
until your meds and police checks are requested. So that now makes me ask -what are people putting on their med forms when they front load those?
I'll be front loading my meds ( around August probobly ) so I'm hoping I'll have a case number by then. Sending the visa application in next week probobly. We're doing the application ourselves and not using an agent.
Any more thoughts?

*pearly*
My first batch of emails from ASPC were on my laptop which died (so couldn't check for sure) - the email with my reciept may have had a reference number. denise6372 got her's with her ack so I'd go with that advice. You're ack shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks, so you'll know one way or another pretty soon.

Heading South
Old May 29th 2006, 4:49 am
shoot from the hip,baby

Originally Posted by heading south
My first batch of emails from ASPC were on my laptop which died (so couldn't check for sure) - the email with my reciept may have had a reference number. denise6372 got her's with her ack so I'd go with that advice. You're ack shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks, so you'll know one way or another pretty soon.

Heading South
Cheers for that posting heading south.
Eeeeeek, how exciting eh?? Until The Long Wait begins, that is!!

*pearly*