Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What Happens After My Tourist Visa Expires?

What Happens After My Tourist Visa Expires?

Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

bluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nice
Default What Happens After My Tourist Visa Expires?

Hi there.. My tourist visa expires next June. I will have to go back to the UK as I have no choice. It is breaking my heart to even contemplate leaving here as I have to leave my partner behind. He is Australian, and we love each other so very much... I do not think my divorce will come through by that time but If it does we can get married. All this takes time though.
Is there a time I have to remain in the UK before I can fly out again or can I not get another tourist visa before a certain length of time in the UK.
Also I heard if you go to New Zealand you can come back into Australia with another visa. How true is that?. I just want everything to be legal and above board.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice
Default Re: What Happens After My Tourist Visa Expires?

Originally Posted by bluebird121
Hi there.. My tourist visa expires next June. I will have to go back to the UK as I have no choice. It is breaking my heart to even contemplate leaving here as I have to leave my partner behind. He is Australian, and we love each other so very much... I do not think my divorce will come through by that time but If it does we can get married. All this takes time though.
Is there a time I have to remain in the UK before I can fly out again or can I not get another tourist visa before a certain length of time in the UK.
Also I heard if you go to New Zealand you can come back into Australia with another visa. How true is that?. I just want everything to be legal and above board.
Are you on a 12 month tourist visa
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

bluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nice
Default Re: What Happens After My Tourist Visa Expires?

Yes I am. my orginal one was was for three months.. I re applied and paid $215 to stay until June and they granted me it. I have money in the bank over here which probably helped.