What exactly does 'MET' mean ??

Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

THESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant future
Default What exactly does 'MET' mean ??

Sorry for being a little thick but does anyone know what 'MET' means against documents on the status page. Are we right in thinking that this indicates that the documents uploaded have been assessed and found sufficient for the particular document requested ?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What exactly does 'MET' mean ??

Originally Posted by THESHARMANS
Sorry for being a little thick but does anyone know what 'MET' means against documents on the status page. Are we right in thinking that this indicates that the documents uploaded have been assessed and found sufficient for the particular document requested ?
It means exactly what it says on the tin All your documents are present and correct. Congratulations, your visa is not far away now.....
Ours changed to met on a Tuesday aand approved on the Wednesday!!!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all
Smile Re: What exactly does 'MET' mean ??

Helena is right. Adding to her statement, it sometimes take longer than one day depends on the individual case.

Hope that you'll be posting the good news very soon.

Cheers!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

ajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by THESHARMANS
Congratulatons on the occasion of "MET". ur dream almost comes true.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:36 am
Just Joined

stan n rachel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
All our documents turned to met on the 22nd of Oct and we have not heard a thing???? Dont know what to think we have sold our house our furniture is in storage!! 3 Kids and christmas arround the corner.
When we seen all was met I called DIAC and was informed we should hear something in a couple of days so arranged shippers ect???
Do you get the contact email of the case officer because we dont have a direct email for our case officer?? Should we have?
This is driving us crazy not knowing what is going on?

case officer 23/09/08
medicals finalized 30/09/08
further info requested 17/10/08
all documents met 22/10/08
Old Nov 17th 2008, 12:46 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stan n rachel
Hi All
All our documents turned to met on the 22nd of Oct and we have not heard a thing???? Dont know what to think we have sold our house our furniture is in storage!! 3 Kids and christmas arround the corner.
When we seen all was met I called DIAC and was informed we should hear something in a couple of days so arranged shippers ect???
Do you get the contact email of the case officer because we dont have a direct email for our case officer?? Should we have?
This is driving us crazy not knowing what is going on?

case officer 23/09/08
medicals finalized 30/09/08
further info requested 17/10/08
all documents met 22/10/08
Have you received any emails from them? I'd check your junk email folder just in case they were filtered into junk mail.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by comet555
Have you received any emails from them? I'd check your junk email folder just in case they were filtered into junk mail.
Hi When further information was requested we only knew because we had called them. They said havn't you received an email requesting the information!! I said no the then resent it so I was thinking that the wrong email may be on our file??? I really just dont know anymore what to think. I am going to stay up tonight and call to see what I can Find out.

Thanks for the reply Rachel x
Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi When further information was requested we only knew because we had called them. They said havn't you received an email requesting the information!! I said no the then resent it so I was thinking that the wrong email may be on our file??? I really just dont know anymore what to think. I am going to stay up tonight and call to see what I can Find out.

Thanks for the reply Rachel x
What does it say on their website. Is everything still "MET" or has it changed to Applicant approved???
Old Nov 17th 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by helena39
What does it say on their website. Is everything still "MET" or has it changed to Applicant approved???
Hi
Everything still met and has been since the 22/10.08 ???

Rachel x
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:59 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Everything still met and has been since the 22/10.08 ???

Rachel x
Have you called to double check the email address they have on file? It certainly sounds like they don't have the right information if one of their emails didn't get to you.

I would explain to them that you haven't gotten their emails and that you want to make sure it's correct in the system. While you're at it you can also check the status of your application with them on the phone.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by comet555
Have you called to double check the email address they have on file? It certainly sounds like they don't have the right information if one of their emails didn't get to you.

I would explain to them that you haven't gotten their emails and that you want to make sure it's correct in the system. While you're at it you can also check the status of your application with them on the phone.
Hi I did call them and check the email address they said they have the correct one and as for my status they said everything is all in order and try not to worry its red tape! Its hard not to worry
case officer 23/09
med rec 30/09
further info requested 17/10
sent 18/10
all documents met 22/10 5WEEKS!! and no visa
Not sure what is gong on but not doing any of us any good!
Rachel x
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

Hi I did call them and check the email address they said they have the correct one and as for my status they said everything is all in order and try not to worry its red tape! Its hard not to worry
case officer 23/09
med rec 30/09
further info requested 17/10
sent 18/10
all documents met 22/10 5WEEKS!! and no visa
Not sure what is gong on but not doing any of us any good!
Rachel x
You have my sympathy and empathy...Also got a CO 6 weeks ago; further info requested and send ONE day after CO requested it and NOTHING since...not even a "MET" on the system! Please keep us updated!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vlooi
You have my sympathy and empathy...Also got a CO 6 weeks ago; further info requested and send ONE day after CO requested it and NOTHING since...not even a "MET" on the system! Please keep us updated!
Thankyou will keep you informed. The worse thing about it all is that normaly when all is met the visa is usually issued a day or 2 later. not 5 weeks! and still nothing Getting very paranoid now thinking what could be wrong.
As far as yours goes some case officers dont update the status pages as efficiant as they should and 6 weeks is about visa time normally
So fingers crossed we might both hear something soon.
Rachel x
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

Thankyou will keep you informed. The worse thing about it all is that normaly when all is met the visa is usually issued a day or 2 later. not 5 weeks! and still nothing Getting very paranoid now thinking what could be wrong.
As far as yours goes some case officers dont update the status pages as efficiant as they should and 6 weeks is about visa time normally
So fingers crossed we might both hear something soon.
Rachel x
May I ask what was the further info requested? Mine was re work experience- had to send P60,s bankstatements and employment contract. Also getting very paranoid now. I have also noticed other posts in the past which indicated that visas seem to be granted VERY soon after the "MET" status, so I understand your concern.Like you say, fingers crossed for the start of another work week at DIAC!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vlooi
May I ask what was the further info requested? Mine was re work experience- had to send P60,s bankstatements and employment contract. Also getting very paranoid now. I have also noticed other posts in the past which indicated that visas seem to be granted VERY soon after the "MET" status, so I understand your concern.Like you say, fingers crossed for the start of another work week at DIAC!
Hi The further info was Change of name document for my son which they said they couldn't read and a offer of employment letter. Its terrible when friday morning arrives and you cant wait for the weekend to be over sunday night 10.30pm there open again!!!
Where are you heading and when you hoping to go? Do you have children? and have you called them?
Rachel x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.