Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What does this mean to some people waiting to come out ?

What does this mean to some people waiting to come out ?

Old Dec 18th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: changes-to-2008-09-skilled-migration-program, what are your views?

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh
You already have the answer ..... " Lucky those to have their occupation on the new Critical Skilled List (CSL), those having a job/state sponsorship
..."

What is the situation of people already lodged their applications and didnt have them finalised yet ?!

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Tammyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What does this mean to some people waiting to come out ?

I applied for a 176 family sponsored visa in October. At the time we could have applied for a state sponsored visa but thought this would be the best option. What if we applied for a state sponsorship now? Could this speed up our application or is it too late now that we have already applied?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:57 pm
Mauritian Member

jen_mj12 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello mourad
check to DIMA website - check the link "changes to 2008-09-skilled-migration-program",have a look at the FAQ. I think your answer is in there ;

"Q16 What subclasses have been affected by this announcement?
The introduction of the CSL and the changes to the processing priorities will affect applications for most GSM subclasses, including those lodged after 1 January 2009 and those already lodged but not yet granted. Applicants for subclasses 485 and 887 will not be affected by this change."

Originally Posted by bahaa.mourad
What is the situation of people already lodged their applications and didnt have them finalised yet ?!

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

I am currently waiting for my skills assessment from ACS to be completed, I'm going for Computing Professionals - Not Elsewhere Classified (LAN/WAN/Networking). At first I wanted to lodge for a 175 visa, as I will have enough points, but this new announcement worries me greatly, so now I'm considering trying for State sponsorship. Unfortunately the only states sponsoring for Networking is ACT (176 visa), and South Australia (475 visa).

Obviously the 176 is preferable, but a quick look on Seek tells me what I feared might be true: most of the work in ACT is government based, therefore requiring security clearance, which in turn requires citizenship. How strict are they about the "spend 2 years in the sponsoring state" requirement? What if I go on an ACT-sponsored 176 visa, can't find work, and decide to move to another state in order to work? Do I lose my visa?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pietie
What if I go on an ACT-sponsored 176 visa, can't find work, and decide to move to another state in order to work? Do I lose my visa?

I recall there being a problem with a Brit at my work who may not have had exactly the same situation but who encountered various visa issues relating to the fact he had moved from where it was stipulated that he had to live.

He did not have to leave the country but I know it caused him plenty of stress.

I would therefore advise you to pay for some professional advice.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Quite confused to this thread.

Obviously the goal posts move from Jan 1st 2009.

I fully understand they will take a step back for the new CSL applicants.

Q1 applictions made prior to this date do they still go by the old MODL List?

Q2 Do applicants now have to seek a job offer or state sponsorship etc?

Q3 is it just new applicants who submit after Jan 1st 2009 who need to get state sponsorship or job offers?

I am confused to how this affects applicants who have submitted applications prior to Jan 1st.

Thannx

Chris
Old Dec 18th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
I am confused to how this affects applicants who have submitted applications prior to Jan 1st.
You need to extensively read the posts and links by the likes of George Lombard and Alan Collett on this and other threads currently running on this topic.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
Quite confused to this thread.

Obviously the goal posts move from Jan 1st 2009.

I fully understand they will take a step back for the new CSL applicants.

Q1 applictions made prior to this date do they still go by the old MODL List?

Q2 Do applicants now have to seek a job offer or state sponsorship etc?

Q3 is it just new applicants who submit after Jan 1st 2009 who need to get state sponsorship or job offers?

Thannx

Chris
Follow the link in my post above to the sticky thread
Old Dec 19th 2008, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jen_mj12
hello mourad
check to DIMA website - check the link "changes to 2008-09-skilled-migration-program",have a look at the FAQ. I think your answer is in there ;

The introduction of the CSL and the changes to the processing priorities will affect applications for most GSM subclasses, including those lodged after 1 January 2009 and those already lodged but not yet granted. Applicants for subclasses 485 and 887 will not be affected by this change."
Thanks alot since i have heard and read about changes in the priority time ,
i was trying to find an answer , so thanks alot for ur reply.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by jen_mj12
hello mourad

This is a little confusing..is the priority of the gsm visa processing time the only thing affected or does gsm (175 - it is called independent for a reason) requires state sponsorhsip to be valid now?

A person who applied for 175 with no modl occupation is at the bottom of the list so it really doesn't make any difference at all to this new priority processing?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by looky
A person who applied for 175 with no modl occupation is at the bottom of the list so it really doesn't make any difference at all to this new priority processing?
Other than being even further down it, I believe not, no.

If you want a definitive answer then you need to pay for the advice of a professional agent.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RCoight
Other than being even further down it, I believe not, no.

If you want a definitive answer then you need to pay for the advice of a professional agent.
It doesn't seem to effect any requirements for visas - just the order they are processed in.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Follow the link in my post above to the sticky thread
Thanx Polly.

I think I understand it now ... it does not affect applications submitted all it means is that the new CSL will take priorty over the MODL and it is just a longer wait now ...