British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   What does "Application being processed further" mean? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/what-does-application-being-processed-further-mean-630311/)

cdngirl Sep 12th 2009 12:56 am

What does "Application being processed further" mean?

We applied back in March 2009 175 and then requested SS for WA in April 2009 that was approved Aug09 and now I noticed:
"02/09/2009 Application being processed further" on my on-line application. Does this really mean that someone (CO?) is looking at our file?

Gosh, we have been working towards this for sooooo long (3 years this winter) and weren't really feeling hopeful....but now with the possibly of some glimmer of light at that very long tunnel?

If someone could let me know if this is what we think it is - we would be over the moon!!!

Zean Sep 12th 2009 1:15 am

Re: What does "Application being processed further" mean?

Originally Posted by cdngirl (Post 7924531)
We applied back in March 2009 175 and then requested SS for WA in April 2009 that was approved Aug09 and now I noticed:
"02/09/2009 Application being processed further" on my on-line application. Does this really mean that someone (CO?) is looking at our file?

Gosh, we have been working towards this for sooooo long (3 years this winter) and weren't really feeling hopeful....but now with the possibly of some glimmer of light at that very long tunnel?

If someone could let me know if this is what we think it is - we would be over the moon!!!

Yup, it looks like someone had made update on your application. It happens if you email a document or SS approval to DIAC, but doesnt assure that a CO is assigned, unless you receive a mail from CO. so, just wait a bit more time... and its gonna bring you light !!!!

pomsinoz Sep 12th 2009 5:13 am

I have applied on 7th Aug 09 (175, CSL) and yesterday found the status got changed to ' application processed further'.

I am not sure whether the CO assigned or not neither I received any email.

keep you posted on happenings....

Pollyana Sep 12th 2009 5:18 am

Originally Posted by pomsinoz (Post 7924854)
I have applied on 7th Aug 09 (175, CSL) and yesterday found the status got changed to ' application processed further'.

I am not sure whether the CO assigned or not neither I received any email.

keep you posted on happenings....

It means just what it says, the application is being processed further. If a CO is looking at it and wants something they will contact you. Otherwise you just have to wait.

Luke Brown Sep 12th 2009 7:39 am

For me it changed to that status back in June.

I think as an Accountant, all it meant was somebody looked at my file to see if I was on the CSL list or not, probably saw that I didn't have the IELTS score and put the application back in the pile!

seban123 Aug 4th 2010 10:53 am

Status got changed last week to ABPF. Am just waiting for some miracle to happen for a higher priority for me..

intellect20 Aug 4th 2010 12:05 pm

Hi seban,

Have not you been on CSL before?

Originally Posted by seban123 (Post 8751874)
Status got changed last week to ABPF. Am just waiting for some miracle to happen for a higher priority for me..

seban123 Aug 4th 2010 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by intellect20 (Post 8752011)
Hi seban,

Have not you been on CSL before?

For a new application, by the time i got CSL they revoked the CSL & MODL. The status i mentioned is for a 16 month old application currently in Schedule4..

intellect20 Aug 4th 2010 12:15 pm

This means that ASPC has started working on Schedule 4 applicants now.

Originally Posted by seban123 (Post 8752023)
For a new application, by the time i got CSL they revoked the CSL & MODL. The status i mentioned is for a 16 month old application currently in Schedule4..