What does "processing" mean?

Old Feb 19th 2003, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

WARDY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What does "processing" mean?

At last the waiting is nearly over, and we have had an email from DIMIA.

They wanted more info re our defacto relationship which they received on 3 Feb 02.
Our case seems to have been transferred between case officers, we have had an email from the new officer and she says
"Please note that I am now processing the visas. Your initial entry will need to be by 24 April 2003"

Does "processing" mean that she is dealing with our case, or has the visa been issued?

I got very exited when I saw the email, but on re-reading it, I wonder if I've got a bit carried away!

Can anyone help, I'm feeling a bit paranoid now! I've told my fiance, parents and work colleagues, but now I look at it again, I'm not sure any more?!?!?
Thanks
Caryn
Old Feb 19th 2003, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What does "processing" mean?

24th April's not long - why so short?
Are you organised?

PS If they've given you a date, it must be in very final stages.
Best o luck (poor postman!!!)

Mash..
Originally posted by WARDY
At last the waiting is nearly over, and we have had an email from DIMIA.

They wanted more info re our defacto relationship which they received on 3 Feb 02.
Our case seems to have been transferred between case officers, we have had an email from the new officer and she says
"Please note that I am now processing the visas. Your initial entry will need to be by 24 April 2003"

Does "processing" mean that she is dealing with our case, or has the visa been issued?

I got very exited when I saw the email, but on re-reading it, I wonder if I've got a bit carried away!

Can anyone help, I'm feeling a bit paranoid now! I've told my fiance, parents and work colleagues, but now I look at it again, I'm not sure any more?!?!?
Thanks
Caryn
Old Feb 20th 2003, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

WARDY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default YES YES YES!!!

Hi Mash

24th April - we sent updated police checks last April, do you remember there was a possibility that they would issue some extra visas before June 2002? We sent them in the hope that we would get the visas then (ha!)

Sort of organised - spent yesterday afternoon in a state of dazed panic, a sort of rabbit in headlights effect, not sure whether to be excited or not.

I phoned Adelaide last night and spoke to the girl who has apparently taken over from our previous case officer.

She said that when she emailed me she meant that she had taken over our case........(panic), but that she had now made a decision - we've got it!!!! The letter is in the post...

Now the fun starts!
I'd already decided to finish work at the end of Feb, so just over a week to go (yay!)
Phoned Trailfinders yesterday and made provisional bookings - London - Brisbane with stopover in Sinagpore
Leaving UK 14 April - cost £440 + tax one way, £716 + tax return, tickets on hold while we make final decisions
Just house & cars to sell, things to ship, etc etc! I've been giving away so much stuff there isn't much to take anyway!

Caryn

Originally posted by mashiraz
24th April's not long - why so short?
Are you organised?

PS If they've given you a date, it must be in very final stages.
Best o luck (poor postman!!!)

Mash..