Wikiposts

What documents with the application?

Old Jul 21st 2002, 8:20 am
John

Default What documents with the application?

Hi,

I've a question regarding what documents to send with the Visa application.

On the section "Points for Skill - Preparing for your application" on the Background
information document it says:

"1. Before you apply, you must have skills assessed by the relevant assessing
authority for your nominated occupation.
2. Your skills assessment must be included with your application.
3. You must also include with your application all the documents provided to the
assessing body."

It's the last-mentioned item that troubles me. Does it really mean that I have to get
certified copies of all my degree/certification documents all over again and send
them also to DIMA, even though ACS has assessed me as suitable for migration?

So what documents I'd need to provide with the application?

Thanks for all your help! John

Old Jul 21st 2002, 9:32 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What documents with the application?

John,

Youre exactly right....every document you sent for skills assessment you also need to send with visa application......a ball ache I know...but that's how it is.....

Good luck!
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 3:44 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

More importantly, and this is not quite stated anywhere in either the Migration Booklet or on Form 47SK - you need to submit the original copy of the Skills Assessment result from ACS.

This is confirmed by the ASPC.

Regards,
Peter
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

geehaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Also remember to send the original police certificate/check and a certified copy of your FULL birth certificate (applies to all applicants).

Geehaf
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 6:54 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by geehaf
Also remember to send the original police certificate/check and a certified copy of your FULL birth certificate (applies to all applicants).
In theory, the police and medical checks are only to be submitted when requested by DIMIA. However, certain countries have different methods for police cert applications. It's best to refer to Form 47P to determine how best to go about applying for a police check in the countries concerned.

There is a checklist in Part J of Form 47SK. If you submit everything that's asked for on that checklist, you'll be fine.

Peter