Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What are the document requirements for Canadian citizen want come to Australia on stu

What are the document requirements for Canadian citizen want come to Australia on stu

Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

sweetyogesh420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are the document requirements for Canadian citizen want come to Australia on stu

Hi Friends
I have an enquiry ,I hope you guys can help
I have a friend who is Canadian citizen , have a wife and 5-6 years old kid. He want to come to Australia on student visa for a welding course.
I was just wandering what are the document that he need.
Does he need to hire a immigration lawyer or is it easy to submit the application himself?
I f you can advise something, I would really appreciate your advise

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the document requirements for Canadian citizen want come to Australia on

Originally Posted by sweetyogesh420
Hi Friends
I have a friend who is Canadian citizen , have a wife and 5-6 years old kid. He want to come to Australia on student visa for a welding course.
Does he need to hire a immigration lawyer or is it easy to submit the application himself?

Thanks in advance
He needs to look up the requirements for student visas on www.immi.gov.au

and no, he doesn't need an agent.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 8:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the document requirements for Canadian citizen want come to Australia on

Originally Posted by sweetyogesh420
Hi Friends

Thanks in advance
Has he taken leave of his senses? Does he understand how expensive it is to come to Australia on a student visa? If he is from Canada it means NO Medicare benefit, there is NO Centrelink or child benefit payment, if he goes to some states he will need to pay international school fees for his children, he will only be allowed to work 20 hours a week (as will his wife), he will need to pay international fees for his course and there is absolutely no guarantee of PR at the end.

Why would he not just do the course in Canada where he can at least get some help with the fees, not pay school fees, work full time during his studies, etc?