Wikiposts

What Do We do Now?

Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:46 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough
Default What Do We do Now?

I would be very grateful of any advice, I really am at the end of my tether. To be brief:

Employed agent last year, assured that we would have no problems with TRA as husband has 22 years experience as an Avionics Supervisor (Royal Navy).

Sent off application to TRA end of October. Agent sent email middle of April requesting more information, which we sent 2 days later. Apparently there was a problem with a dodgy course my husband did whilst he was away 5 years ago and now the establishment can't be traced.

After some investigating by contacts made on this forum, it was discovered that the TRA actually failed us on 13th March. What the hell is going on? At no stage did our agent say that we failed the TRA. I have sent our agent 2 emails and tried to phone him, but he hasn't responded to our emails and won't phone us back. I have a horrible feeling we are being lied to.

We had a telephone meeting with agents 2 weeks ago and were assured that everything was OK, we will still probably pass the TRA (they actually said that there is no reason why we should fail ). We have been waiting 9 months now. If our supposed "appeal" was lodged in April, how long should we be waiting. Should we put in another application??
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Do We do Now?

Originally posted by Lucyemma5
I would be very grateful of any advice, I really am at the end of my tether. To be brief:

Employed agent last year, assured that we would have no problems with TRA as husband has 22 years experience as an Avionics Supervisor (Royal Navy).

Sent off application to TRA end of October. Agent sent email middle of April requesting more information, which we sent 2 days later. Apparently there was a problem with a dodgy course my husband did whilst he was away 5 years ago and now the establishment can't be traced.

After some investigating by contacts made on this forum, it was discovered that the TRA actually failed us on 13th March. What the hell is going on? At no stage did our agent say that we failed the TRA. I have sent our agent 2 emails and tried to phone him, but he hasn't responded to our emails and won't phone us back. I have a horrible feeling we are being lied to.

We had a telephone meeting with agents 2 weeks ago and were assured that everything was OK, we will still probably pass the TRA (they actually said that there is no reason why we should fail ). We have been waiting 9 months now. If our supposed "appeal" was lodged in April, how long should we be waiting. Should we put in another application??

Cant believe your agent is treating you like this.

Have you paid them upfront.?

I would phone or email them straight away and request they inform you as to what the position is
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi

I have PM’d you.

Can you go to the MARA with both barrels?

Hope it works out ok

SS
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:18 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi

I have PM’d you.

Can you go to the MARA with both barrels?

Hope it works out ok

SS
Thanks everyone for your support, have paid about 2 grand so far. All my husband's family live in Brisbane and our AoS and Sponsor are ready and waiting, we just can't seem to get a positive skills assessment. We don't want to go backwards, we reall need to get a positive skills assessment this year so my husband can put his notice in the RN. He is due to go on "front line" next year so as long as he puts in his notice before then he will be released early, If he does go on front line it will be harder for him to be released early. Do we wait, i have no idea
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

That really is disgraceful - especially if you have already paid 2 grand out. Keep trying that agent - are they far away - can't you march down there?
I really hope it works out, sure it will.
Keep us posted.